• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some hints that Posh and Lincoln are interested in LL too. If so he faces the usual dilemma in such a situation. Almost certain starter with us or take his chances in a Lge 1 team where competition could be much fiercer. Oh, and yes, money talks too. Agent's advice could be crucial too.

Some hints that Posh and Lincoln are interested in LL too. If so he faces the usual dilemma in such a situation. Almost certain starter with us or take his chances in a Lge 1 team where competition could be much fiercer. Oh, and yes, money talks too. Agent's advice could be crucial too.
Let hope not! Lincoln is on the slide ? and we should follow Peterborough model, even we got back into football league in next 5 years. By hoovering up non league talent and build them up to be our key players & sell them on if Premiership or top championship side offers millions.

Another day begins...

Shep & Lomas seem to have the most "chat" amongst the fanbase at present. But both would appear to be slow burners with nothing imminent doing, if at all.

Other than those two it's a bit quiet (amongst the fanbase anyway - I'm sure the football department is flat out). But not unexpected after some excellent business completed yesterday.

As always the latest on any transfer rumours can be found on Page 1 HERE

If he went to either that's a 3 division rise. He's unlikely to get game time and will probably end up out on loan in the NL/Bottom of L2 anyway. If he wants to play every minute possible to continue his development then he ought to come to King Kev's promotion party 22/23.

Just seen this good piece by a well connected Barnet fan - https://footballwritingblog.substack.com/p/the-last-word?s=r

"With regards to (Harry) Taylor, some might suggest that he has served his time and deserves to resurrect his career elsewhere, (I would expect a DC influenced Southend to be VERY interested). Either way it will be of no surprise to anyone to see him leave after what he has been through with us over the last couple of years, (and I for one wish him all the best)"

Not enough to make our list just yet, but perhaps one to watch for future inclusion if a bit more substance to this is seen.

Posts on the Dan Mooney thread; one says that Lomas has had a medical with us, one that says Lomas hasn't had a medical with us & one that says Lomas hasn't failed* a medical with us ....................

I think that's all options covered.

* in my view one can fail or pass a medical.

Posts on the Dan Mooney thread; one says that Lomas has had a medical with us, one that says Lomas hasn't had a medical with us & one that says Lomas hasn't failed* a medical with us ....................

I think that's all options covered.

* in my view one can fail or pass a medical.

Be great signing if true hopefully in next week or so can complete that one . What’s the record points for a nl season ? few more of these might have to back us a champions ?.

Be great signing if true hopefully in next week or so can complete that one . What’s the record points for a nl season ? few more of these might have to back us a champions ?.
I agree! Will have to see what happens in the play offs first. I’d back us against chesterfield, Solihull or Grimsby but I think Wrexham will win the league if they don’t get out of play offs.

Great signings so far - players with a point to prove / career to make coming a big fish in this league. Hopefully they see Southend as their path to the EFL.

Keep it up Maher, Stan & Co

Scale updated to include a One to watch/Hotting up symbol ?

Stats also available for each of the potential targets by clicking on their name.

All available on Page 1 HERE
il_570xN.3906387463_tosc.jpg

It certainly seems like Mr Lomas is heading up the scale of possibility… which would be great news. Perhaps not full on green yet, but getting a bit green around the gills. Perhaps comme ça: ?, graduating to ? and finally

29A6CD9F-4D6F-459C-BEB6-74A05B756673.png

Scale updated to include a One to watch/Hotting up symbol ?

Stats also available for each of the potential targets by clicking on their name.

All available on Page 1 HERE

And another green just with question marks, another player that has yet to be mentioned Smiffy?

Funny you should mention that…
I wonder if the unknown green dot is another one that Steve Whiston (V7 Sports Management) represents, if so, could Paul McCallum be a shout? Scores a goal every other game, just up the road.

Can't see an official list of their clients, but their instagram follows him: https://www.instagram.com/v7sportsmanagement/

Has a year left on his contract though, so would require quite a fee, so probably unlikely.

Other speculative shouts include Scott Duxbury or Harry Vaughan.

Last edited:
So any potential announcements today, or did we have all the fun yesterday? ?

I would refer to the comment on Lacey from the retained list from a Magpie fan:

"Alex Lacey - Quality player but probably misses too many games with knocks and niggles to justify being one of our highest earners, so fair enough."

I wouldn't want to see us back track to signing players that are going to be on the Boots and laces treatment table, more than on the pitch at the Hall again. For me I would steer well clear.

* Obviously this leaves me wide open to people pointing to the injury history of Steve Arnold prior to coming here.

** I would point to CB signings Coulson and Liam Ridgewell in my defence.
While I'm not defending us signing Lacey, with his fitness/injury record an obvious red flag, I don't think you can compare him to Coulson or Ridgewell. Coulson was slow and we had to play a 3 at the back to accommodate this. Ridgewell was severely lacking in any match fitness in his first game and that was him "done" in some supporters eyes.

He played 27 times this season and 21 last season. He will turn 29 in a few days time, so he is still in his prime for a defender. If we are interested in him, I hope we do a full medical to find what niggles/problems he has and if we can manage them. We already have Ralph in defence who will likely miss games with injuries.

Speaking of defenders, wasn't there a rumour in January that we were interested in Will Wright from Dagenham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back