• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly Jake Hyde only ended up playing 7 times for Wrexham this season.....whilst Harry Lennon managed 17 games.

People need to stop being so stubborn with the age profiles. You still need older and younger players in and around the team and cant just have 24-28 year olds if you want to win the league.
I think Alex Ferguson might argue with that one and even go younger lol.

Also I think we did exactly that in 80-81, might be wrong, but we only used 17 players and I think the oldest was Derek Spence at..........28.

As always I stand to be corrected and will take it on the chin.....

There are only 3 sides in the whole division who have scored less goals... That's why I don't buy its all the fault of the midfield (even if its true that if they were more creative it would make some difference the core fact remains).

Of course its financially convenient to think its not an issue needing to be addressed because, of course, its the most expensive problem to fix. Regrettably..

People need to stop being so stubborn with the age profiles. You still need older and younger players in and around the team and cant just have 24-28 year olds if you want to win the league.
What was stubborn about my post? As I said, it was an observational question.

There are only 3 sides in the whole division who have scored less goals... That's why I don't buy its all the fault of the midfield (even if its true that if they were more creative it would make some difference the core fact remains).

Of course its financially convenient to think its not an issue needing to be addressed because, of course, its the most expensive problem to fix. Regrettably..
So do you think it’s midfielders we need to invest in as opposed to a proven goal scorer? Do you feel the strikers we have have enough goals in them, given a better service?

I'm only up for getting Cheek if we can pair him up front with Jake Hyde.
Hyde not done a lot at Wrexham 14 games 3 goals. But I think he has got potential for sure only thing is would he come here for lot less wages I doubt it plus still got year left on he’s current contract.

I think, no, I demand, that Messrs Maher, Still and Collymore should publish their list of targets as soon as it is finalised to save massive unnecessary anguish and guesswork on this thread. There you go, job done.
Bumpidy Bump Kev.:Smile2:

So do you think it’s midfielders we need to invest in as opposed to a proven goal scorer? Do you feel the strikers we have have enough goals in them, given a better service?
We need to invest in midfielders who can score goals. How many goals have come from midfield this season? Therein lies the main problem.

Interesting response to @kitmanlife on Insta from Kacper last night, unfortunately I never screen shot it, but it was along the lines of "one more time" this season getting ready for the match on Sunday, a summary of all the miles travelled, three managers, away nights etc, how bumpy a ride it's been but stabilised and looking forward to next season. And Kacper replied saying something like "see you there." Could be the best news!

Interesting response to @kitmanlife on Insta from Kacper last night, unfortunately I never screen shot it, but it was along the lines of "one more time" this season getting ready for the match on Sunday, a summary of all the miles travelled, three managers, away nights etc, how bumpy a ride it's been but stabilised and looking forward to next season. And Kacper replied saying something like "see you there." Could be the best news!

I took it to mean that he’s coming to Sunday’s game, but I could be wrong. ??

5 year deal incoming… ?A6A83D8D-15B6-49A8-9028-2C143EDC21BF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see kacpar back at Southend but just think he would probably want to test himself at higher level..... hope I'm wrong and somehow we can get him back on season long loan. Massive signing if he did come back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back