• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that tells someone else not to post because they don’t like their slant or opinion always comes across to me as a right ****
It’s not that anyone is saying don’t post but it is getting boring having the same people claiming there is an embargo just because we haven’t made a signing for a few weeks. The players aren’t even back from the summer break yet, numerous in the knows have said the transfer is all delivered and maybe the club are just waiting to announce it all together with other news. They don’t need to come out every time someone whinges that we may be under an embargo to squash it. These threads always go well off topic when it is easy enough for someone to start a new thread so all of the doom and gloomers can get together and whinge: can we not just keep this thread to transfer rumours for those of us that jump on just to see what is happening.

It’s not that anyone is saying don’t post but it is getting boring having the same people claiming there is an embargo just because we haven’t made a signing for a few weeks. The players aren’t even back from the summer break yet, numerous in the knows have said the transfer is all delivered and maybe the club are just waiting to announce it all together with other news. They don’t need to come out every time someone whinges that we may be under an embargo to squash it. These threads always go well off topic when it is easy enough for someone to start a new thread so all of the doom and gloomers can get together and whinge: can we not just keep this thread to transfer rumours for those of us that jump on just to see what is happening.
umbongo.

The post stating so was taken down at the request of the member, I think the club didn't like the leak.
As much as we love to know what’s going on I think there is a line for the ITK posters as to how much they should say.
Thing is, where is that line?

GSM is a better signing than Wynter imo
What makes you say that? Genuinely interested. Have you seen him play?

I can only have an opinion on Wynter as I've seen him play and know that he can play at this level. I haven't seen GSM so can't form an opinion yet. I can only get excited by the potential of him and the fact the management team like him.

GSM is a better signing than Wynter imo
I'm starting to think the same the more I look into it. As Shrimper Stats alluded to on Twitter after an excellent analysis of his stats last season, Wynter might have ended up not being what we need. Better as a RB in a flat back 4 and his defensive stats were very good, but attacking stats not so great. So maybe not a great option as a wing back. GSM will fit into our system better I think, if its him. Would also be an "under the radar"-type signing. I've been likening it in my head to the signing of Sean Clohessy.

I agree Wynter is proven and ready to go straight into team , while bringing in younger players with albeit very good skills and potential we could end up with a lot more just waiting to get there chance and deemed not ready like Wood , Benton and Davis etc while JD soldiers on , just an opinion..

What makes you say that? Genuinely interested. Have you seen him play?

I can only have an opinion on Wynter as I've seen him play and know that he can play at this level. I haven't seen GSM so can't form an opinion yet. I can only get excited by the potential of him and the fact the management team like him.

That’s fine if you want to worry but start a new chat about it rather than clogging up this one. This one is for speculation on transfer targets and suggestion seems to be from people in the know that we are about to announce signings 3-5. Some people seem to expect the club to announce every week a confirmation that we aren’t in embargo.

I see where you are coming from but it seems to me what is really clogging up the thread is people complaining about the talk of embargoes as people then react to that and then people then react to the reaction. So if your desire was to stop the thread being clogged up your intervention, however well intention, backfired.

If people want to stick to transfer speculation the best way to achieve this is to post about transfer speculation rather than reacting about other stuff.

Essentially when a player is presumably signing for us they're a worldbeater however if that doesn't materialise then actually we've had a lucky escape because they were crap anyway. Whatever
Haven’t the Daggers got a board you can post this on?

Nobody has said Wynter was crap. The suggestion is that another player may be a better fit for us.

I agree Wynter is proven and ready to go straight into team , while bringing in younger players with albeit very good skills and potential we could end up with a lot more just waiting to get there chance and deemed not ready like Wood , Benton and Davis etc while JD soldiers on , just an opinion..
What makes you think his not ready to go as well?

He played the same division as Husin and he was ready to go from the off, he will also have a full pre season with us.

Cardwell and Powell were ready and that is the same level (all be it up north).

The lad has come from the same level as Lomas and I’m sure your happy for him to get thrown straight in

Haven’t the Daggers got a board you can post this on?

Nobody has said Wynter was crap. The suggestion is that another player may be a better fit for us.
Not a Dagenham fan for the millionth time, why that constant accusation when I've over 200 posts on here spanning nearly a year? What would I possibly get from that?

Also, the only signing with experience at this level - the very thing you need to do well - is Cav Miley from Eastleigh. Same with the rumoured additions. We need players we know can be assets for us instead of banking on someone being able to step up.

How old is Scott-Morriss? I’ve seen some conflicting things; some places suggest he’s 22, but I’m sure I’ve seen a social media post from him talking about year 25 being a blur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back