• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think we are a bit too worried about left footed CBs. Not saying it isn’t important but since Lopata left we haven’t had someone who is absolutely determined to head the ball away. That’s the gap. Maybe lomas can plug it, but gubbins wasn’t that player
I’m worried about central defence full stop. No leader and too weak

Not sure its necessarily that they aren't good in the air- its more positioning and organisation. At least I hope so given they are CBs!

I agree it’s not just standing jump that counts. Even if you cant win the header then do enough to make them miss or at worst not enough power. You can be good without touching the ball

To many free headers even in the friendlies because the position was wrong in the first place.

Far to often we have had the wrong players marking their big number 5 etc.

Fair play if a guy pulls off the shoulder or gets in front but when your marking space and it seems unaware that their number 9 several ft behind you…..I find that hard to accept.

Need Lomas in the middle and push Ralph out wide. Clifford massively at fault for the goal today and not for the first time. However, just look at the size of the BWood CB, they were huge. We lack that aggressive no nonsense CB. Now who de we know who fits that bill?

Need Lomas in the middle and push Ralph out wide. Clifford massively at fault for the goal today and not for the first time. However, just look at the size of the BWood CB, they were huge. We lack that aggressive no nonsense CB. Now who de we know who fits that bill?
Absolutely spot on, clifford nowhere near his man, allowed the easy cross.

me too Boreham wood, one attack one goal, thank **** they didn't have 2-3 crosses in front of goal today
Doesn't that imply that defensively we did very well today?

Anyway back on topic, it's clear we urgently need a big lump up top, any clues as to whether anyone on the whiteboard meets that description?

Arnold
Morris kensdale lomas Ralph
Taylor Miley
Mooney husin bridge
Wreh

Hobson, Powell, funguck, striker, demi

Looks way more balanced other than perhaps wreh (I think a better understudy to Mooney).

Therefore we need a striker

I still think Jake Hyde could turn out to be a good signing for us but he wasn’t the type of hit the ground running filler we needed until the hopeful return to fitness of Cardwell, Murphy (and a Hyde). We need to get a loan in to see us through until that point. Hopefully the contacts book can get us someone who we will probably then lose in Jan as they move to a league club.

2 strikers (one a lump) and a Centre half (another lump) required urgently next week.

You have to ask why oh why was this not sorted. We've had months to and everyone has known this issue. Sure we've missed out on some options but we should of had lots of alternative targets. I suspect there's been restrictions in place above the management!!!!

With Hyde out for up to 6 weeks do we have to keep him and pick up the tab? Given his track record of roughly half a season on average over the past 7 years, just wondering whether we provided ourselves with any kind of contractual cover for the obvious , very predictable likely event?

A hamstring ping early on must have been 7/4 on at Betfred

You have to ask why oh why was this not sorted. We've had months to and everyone has known this issue. Sure we've missed out on some options but we should of had lots of alternative targets. I suspect there's been restrictions in place above the management!!!!
I take your point, don’t think the embargo helped at all tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back