• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I watched Salford vs Eastleigh yesterday and thought that Paul McCallum (CF) of Eastleigh and Carl Piergianni (CB) of Salford both looked at least League 1 quality.

Doubt we can compete with Salford wages though!

I watched Salford vs Eastleigh yesterday and thought that Paul McCallum (CF) of Eastleigh and Carl Piergianni (CB) of Salford both looked at least League 1 quality.

Doubt we can compete with Salford wages though!

I met Carl Piergianni at my boss' party late last year. He's only recently got himself an agent who secured Carl a new 2.5 year deal. He's on nothing like the wages that Rooney, Gaffney and Lloyd are on but if they get promoted I've no doubt they'll increase again.
He's happy and settled in the suburbs of Manchester and with a transfer fee to pay its a non starter.

We need to get more experienced players in Gary Cahill and Danny Welbeck are free ?

Gary hooper now available from today.
I don't think we need another striker. Cox, Hopper and Humpreys are all good strikers at this level, Theo is fine as a fourth choice if he decides to stay with us and if not Kelman will hopefully make progress with a proper pre-season.

Adebayo Akinfenwa's contract is up this year, any other time I'd have welcomed the chance to try and get him to Southend, but I think we have some excellent strikers on our books now.

Now that Eastleigh's season is over....they spend a bucket-load of cash seeking promotion, and may need to offload/ be willing to listen to offers...

Need a Timlin style midfielder, Hart or someone similar. One or two centre backs and maybe a winger or two.

All budget dependant. The one player I’d still love to sign as I’ve always like him and would be a good replacement for Turner is Curtis Nelson.

Wonder if we could try and get Graham Carey from Plymouth due to their relegation?

Oh no - not rumours, total twaddle. Please close this.

The simple truth is that this thread is a place to chit chat with other Shrimpers about our hopes and fears in the long days without matches until pre-season starts. Very occasionally some good news can break here, at least for most of us. It just fulfils a need (and is a darn sight better than the car crash of the new kit threads!)

I agree but speculation is a waste of time. "Oh I see Charlie Farley is free!" So am I!

RobM is available on a free. Could be worth a 1 year deal to shore up the midfield?

I don't think we need another striker. Cox, Hopper and Humpreys are all good strikers at this level, Theo is fine as a fourth choice if he decides to stay with us and if not Kelman will hopefully make progress with a proper pre-season.

We need to learn from this season... we 100% need another striker

Hopefully Theo did well enough to have earned a free transfer to a league 2 team. We need a striker with pace to be another option. Theo just not good enough to be that in league one

Back