• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

What's that feeling based on Westy?

We just escaped relegation last year, none of our injured players are back in the squad yet, and will not be for another couple of months at the very least, and we have only added 3 players in the summer. I would guess that would be the answer?

We just escaped relegation last year, none of our injured players are back in the squad yet, and will not be for another couple of months at the very least, and we have only added 3 players in the summer. I would guess that would be the answer?
Possibly, maybe Westy will tell me.

5 clubs have managed to bring in 42 players

7 clubs have brought in 56 * average 8 each

11 clubs have brought in 80

16 clubs have brought in 101

2 clubs cant bring anyone in

That leaves just 6 who have prepared pre season by bringing in 3 or less

I am not concerned, as long as there isn't any major injuries early on I think we have a competitive starting 11 with some decent subs. We do still need some more bodies in but I feel we have adequate cover for most positions if everything goes alright and we don't have a repeat of last season.

Normally there is a late late "wow" signing just before the very start of the season, IIRC Anton, Hunt, Cox, MK and Fred (2nd time) were late additions which led to the usual war chest stuff.

It’s very disappointing that some of our best players aren’t fit yet—Demi,Hyam,Hopper and now Cox .Even with them available,I still think we need to bring in a big,commanding central defender and a lively winger.It would be a difficult relegation struggle if we have to play youngsters who are not ready yet or the likes of Robinson and White.

Why does everyone keep assuming the youngsters aren’t ready yet? Based on what?

Bond has used the squad in games to build up mins...45/45....60/30....30/60....then today he’s gone main players 90mins

In all they’ve gone this way...

Reading 45/45 was 1-0 loss each half two equal teams

Billericay
60 mins main team 1-1
30 mins younger players finished 3-2 win

Weymouth
60 mins younger players 2-1 up
30 mins main players finished 2-2!

Exeter today
All younger players left out.....lost 2-1!

That leaves just 6 who have prepared pre season by bringing in 3 or less

Or that could be construed in a positive light in that only 6 clubs were generally satisfied with the quality of their squads and of their ability to bring through youth players.

I am not sure whether to be worried or not yet, but felt at the end of last season that the squad only needed a few additions i.e. Left Back x 2, Additional Centre Back, Creative midfielder, 2 wingers.

Having said that, I only see 1 left back from my wish list - so keeping fingers crossed for the others!!

Im hoping Bondys significant contact list means two things.

1. We are going to move late on some great loan signings

and or 2. We are slug like deliberately, waiting for confirmation of the availability to us of Hart and Taylor Moore, when Uncle Ronaldo will splash some of the £1.5m sky money and the great savings stored up for the high earners of Turner and Kightly no longer on the bill, oh and 8 others we lobbed out to save some cash

What's that feeling based on Westy?

Looking at the players who other teams (apart from Bury) have available right now compared to ours. We desperately need to strengthen. I'm hoping we do but at the moment the first team line up looks desperately poor. Not even going to mention depth.

Looking at the players who other teams (apart from Bury) have available right now compared to ours. We desperately need to strengthen. I'm hoping we do but at the moment the first team line up looks desperately poor. Not even going to mention depth.

IF and when the team is fit I'd go with

Oxley

Demi Lennon Kiernan Ralph

Milligan

Dru McLaughlin

Cox

Hopper Humphreys

That's a decent side at this level.

It's a big if that we get players back fit and I'd like another CB and winger.

I don't think we are far away from a decent side.

IF and when the team is fit I'd go with

Oxley

Demi Lennon Kiernan Ralph

Milligan

Dru McLaughlin

Cox

Hopper Humphreys

That's a decent side at this level.

It's a big if that we get players back fit and I'd like another CB and winger.

I don't think we are far away from a decent side.

Not disagreeing with any of that. Just can't see us ever having a first eleven available given how many injury prone players we have.

As you say we need to add a quality center back and
at least 1 wide midfielder.

As you state a quality centre back and wide midfielder would be ideal.

In a way the run of disappointing results could be a good thing. If we had won them all convincingly we could of all been lulled into thinking the squad was good enough.

At least this way we have a chance of putting things right (hopefully) before the season starts.

Accrington going mad now, 5 signings over 3 days, with 3 from the Premiership, but I still think we will be too strong for them.
Ron the Painter Pountney , a legend as the ONLY Southend player ever to achieve 3 player of the seasons, remarkable, , will it ever be beaten ?

Errr.....maybe not beaten, but Ryan Leonard has also won it three times, so Ron is not the ONLY player to have won it three times.

Back