• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

8 clubs have already brought in 2 or more season long loans, so its not all lets wait until August, Front runners are Shrewsbury who amongst their NINE signings have taken 4 on loan, from Chelsea, Wolves, Millwall and Bristol City.

I can’t even be bothered to read all that just now....I will later....

But my point was that no one would offer odds on something of which they had NO knowledge...

No matter how limited they will have some knowledge of league 1 even if it’s historical league positions, players in the squad, signings, new manager etc etc etc

The comment was in response to someone asking someone else to name another team worse than ours and they said they had NO knowledge of other squads ?‍♂️
Odds are based on what punters do, that's it. The bookies don't care who is likely to go down they care about making a profit no matter what happens. That's why Bradford were 20/1 to go down last season despite a glance at their forum in pre-season showed that they were a complete shambles. The name meant people wouldn't bet on them to be relegated so the bookies kept the odds high even though they were a poor side.

Odds are based on what punters do, that's it. The bookies don't care who is likely to go down they care about making a profit no matter what happens. That's why Bradford were 20/1 to go down last season despite a glance at their forum in pre-season showed that they were a complete shambles. The name meant people wouldn't bet on them to be relegated so the bookies kept the odds high even though they were a poor side.

Not quite. Bookies have extremely good and knowledgeable people to make the market and give the odds called odds compilers. They keep an eye on what other bookmakers are doing in case they are well out of line with their odds. Only once the market is set do the odds change depending what punters do. You're right about the 2nd bit. I know many friends who have been barred by different bookies because they made a profit over a few months. One of my friends was the worst punter ever. He did crazy bets and always lost over the week. He had accounts with all the bookies. They all kept him on and used to drive him mad by mail and text, enticing him to bet. He opened a new account with a new bookies because of the sign up offer, and he had a miracle and made a profit the first two weeks. They barred him, by his own admission one of the worst gamblers in the World. Lol. The only bookie he ever made a profit with. Barred. Things came to a head and with the help of G.A. he hasn't bet for over 4 years and now has a family. Bookies used to be run by bookies, and the saying in the 70s and 80s was winners are good for business, good advertisement. Now they're run by accountants, and they hate winners. That's what all those sign up bonuses are about. They give you a bonus for signing up, they monitor your account. If you win and bet too shrewd for their liking, you are barred. If you are a mug punter, your kept on forever. They just want losers.
This guy was banned after one day, Lol. Stan James even said on live chat that the reason he is banned is because the traders think he will be unprofitable for the business. Meaning, you can bet, but you mustn't make a profit. That's one of the main points to betting isn't it? We're trying to win.

Last edited:
Surprising and maybe slightly worrying that Andre Blackman is due to feature again at Dagenham. Out of the trialists, who would’ve thought he would be the last man standing!?

Surprising and maybe slightly worrying that Andre Blackman is due to feature again at Dagenham. Out of the trialists, who would’ve thought he would be the last man standing!?

Is it worrying? If he signs, surely he'd be back up to Ralph.

Is it worrying? If he signs, surely he'd be back up to Ralph.

As he's up there with Nile Ranger on the stinking attitude stakes and as his performances on the pitch with his various clubs haven't been great, yeah I'd say so! I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

As he's up there with Nile Ranger on the stinking attitude stakes and as his performances on the pitch with his various clubs haven't been great, yeah I'd say so! I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

Agreed. I don’t want him. I agree we could do with another LB (unless Clifford is seen as a capable back-up), but I would question whether Blackman is a good idea both in the quality and the attitude stakes.

I think with Bond. He likes players with a good attitude willing to learn. Let's wait n see what the next few days bring.

Does anybody actually really have any sort of indication when the ‘injured players’ will be back to match fitness, there seems to be a very well informed ‘2-3 month’ comment by some on here... who’s to say some won’t come back at all?

Update is 8 players in the treatment room. Hyam is the next to return to training. Cox is miles away. Got to get over both calf injuries, do conditioning work, then start training. Probably due to age, it's going to be slower progress.

Agreed. I don’t want him. I agree we could do with another LB (unless Clifford is seen as a capable back-up), but I would question whether Blackman is a good idea both in the quality and the attitude stakes.

Don't forget Harry Kyprianou can fill in at LB when he is fit again as back up to Ralph

Andre Blackman didn't even have a team last year LOOOOOOOOL we are so ****ed this year
Now by the league kick off we might well have signed the players we need in the positions we need them. Imo as we stand at the moment we look a bottom four side. The defence is still leaking goals, the midfield is the same second rate midfield we had last season other than a thirty two year old player. Our best player from last season SC seem s will be out for longer than expected. half decent forwards but who is going to supply the chances. Our preseason so far has not been great, many have said its only friendlies and it doesnt matter that we are shipping two goals a game against teams from lower leagues, i think it matters. Now all this KB can put right in the next couple of weeks, or not, we shall see.

in this league its all about forwards ...

Humphries
Hopper
Cox

I'll settle for the play offs

Its actually all about defenders. That applies to most leagues.

The best 3 defences were Barnsley, Luton and Charlton. Then came Portsmouth and Sunderland.

We scored more goals than Coventry who finished 8th Plymouth scored more than us. The lowest goals scored were Bristol R and they finished about 15th?

Last edited:
Back