• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

There hasn't been any recent news about the long term injuries. A concern, presumably none will be available until September at the earliest. Cox is a worry, if he is still a long way from returning to training, it may be September before he is able to play as well.

All this suggests is that Bond will have to use the loan market. He has said he is looking for defenders but a lot may depend on his preferred system. Goodness knows what they be.

I am sure we will find out in good time.

Buckley-Ricketts has recently been on trial at Carlisle.

He’s an odd one as by all intensive purposes he’s got a lot of ability. The attitude clearly isn’t right though as per his loan at Oxford and then his complete lack of game time at Peterborough after coming in with quite the fanfare.

Found this on I.B.R. When he joined Posh. It went pear shaped, but some players take to certain clubs, and flourish. So you never know. The people up the A12 that date sheep, are waiting in the wings.

“He is a young man that comes from a fantastic football club in Manchester City. He comes here to make his way in English football. He has had a brief loan spell out at Oxford but it is fair to say that Manchester City and Peterborough United probably have ideas to play the boy in a similar way compared to what was a little bit foreign to him when he played at Oxford and that isn’t a criticism, it is just systems of play.

“He comes and joins an excellent group of players. He is young, he is here for the long-term, there is no immediate pressure on him and we hope to develop him. There is no doubt he has absolutely blistering pace, he is technically good and he is a good addition to our squad. It is not about individuals here at Peterborough United, which has to be said, it has been like in the last few seasons, we are now a team and it is team Posh, not I,” Evans said.

Buckley-Ricketts has also represented the England under 18 and 19s and has progressed through the Manchester City Academy. He was part of the England under 19 squad that won the European Championships against Portugal last year. He had offers to join other clubs, but believes the style of play at Peterborough will suit him.

“I have watched Peterborough play a few times and they play attacking football, which is the style of play that I am used to. I felt it was the right time to leave Manchester City, but it is tough because I have been there a long time. Once I got my head around the move, I knew it was the right decision. I want to play regular first team football and it is great to join a club in pre-season because I can get to know the lads and form a bond.

“I like to get the ball and use my pace and try and create and score goals. Being at Manchester City, you learn every single day and that is not just from the first team group, there are a lot of talented players within the Academy. Vincent Kompany is someone that I looked up to because of his characteristics, but in my position, Raheem Sterling is someone that I am similar too,” Buckley-Ricketts said.

Found this on I.B.R. When he joined Posh. It went pear shaped, but some players take to certain clubs, and flourish. So you never know. The people up the A12 that date sheep, are waiting in the wings.

“He is a young man that comes from a fantastic football club in Manchester City. He comes here to make his way in English football. He has had a brief loan spell out at Oxford but it is fair to say that Manchester City and Peterborough United probably have ideas to play the boy in a similar way compared to what was a little bit foreign to him when he played at Oxford and that isn’t a criticism, it is just systems of play.

“He comes and joins an excellent group of players. He is young, he is here for the long-term, there is no immediate pressure on him and we hope to develop him. There is no doubt he has absolutely blistering pace, he is technically good and he is a good addition to our squad. It is not about individuals here at Peterborough United, which has to be said, it has been like in the last few seasons, we are now a team and it is team Posh, not I,” Evans said.

Buckley-Ricketts has also represented the England under 18 and 19s and has progressed through the Manchester City Academy. He was part of the England under 19 squad that won the European Championships against Portugal last year. He had offers to join other clubs, but believes the style of play at Peterborough will suit him.

“I have watched Peterborough play a few times and they play attacking football, which is the style of play that I am used to. I felt it was the right time to leave Manchester City, but it is tough because I have been there a long time. Once I got my head around the move, I knew it was the right decision. I want to play regular first team football and it is great to join a club in pre-season because I can get to know the lads and form a bond.

“I like to get the ball and use my pace and try and create and score goals. Being at Manchester City, you learn every single day and that is not just from the first team group, there are a lot of talented players within the Academy. Vincent Kompany is someone that I looked up to because of his characteristics, but in my position, Raheem Sterling is someone that I am similar too,” Buckley-Ricketts said.

Don't think they bother with the dating

So technically going to be decent given background- then I saw the bit about blistering pace. A ready made place in the squad so let’s hope the young man grabs his opportunity

I like the bit that says he is there for the long term... next year shipping him out.

I’m not overly excited by either of these but hope I’m wrong

The long term bit was obviously a joke- it’s Peterborough so whether sold for £££ or discarded quicker than one of Boris’ girlfriends it was never going to be long term

After reading about Isaac Buckley-Ricketts and Ahmed Mohammed both could be jems.
Ahmed's story shows what a hard life he has had, he pulled his situation up by the boot straps. Lets hope this midfielder takes the oppertunity given him.

Good luck to both. Could be great business for S.U.F.C.

Who is the guy in the latest training video who doesn't have any of our kit on? I don't think it's Mohammed. They possibly look like Watford shorts?

I might have answered my own question with some detective work.

I think it's Joy Mukena, a 20 year centre back from Watford.

Back