• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

It worked for Luton and Lincoln look to be trying to follow suit...
Luton have been in the league for 5 seasons now, they've had to follow FFP. The only way you can abuse FFP to get to the championship is to get a triple promotion (which Salford probably have the resources to do).

given today's retained list I'd say that we are looking a little short at the back, particularly if White turns down his offer.

who we sign now depends on how the gaffer wants to play, if he goes with Hopper and Humphreys up top with cox behind them then we have more than enough midfielders to fill the spaces. for me our most critical signing this summer is at left back and I wouldn't be surprised if we make a quick move for Hart either on a seasons loan or preferably a permanent move for a small fee.

given today's retained list I'd say that we are looking a little short at the back, particularly if White turns down his offer.

who we sign now depends on how the gaffer wants to play, if he goes with Hopper and Humphreys up top with cox behind them then we have more than enough midfielders to fill the spaces. for me our most critical signing this summer is at left back and I wouldn't be surprised if we make a quick move for Hart either on a seasons loan or preferably a permanent move for a small fee.

I don't think we do at all - need a tough tackling midfielder and leader and one who can play a decent forward pass. This the area that let us down the most last season.

Last edited:
McCormack released...

I’m not a huge one for ageing players or for bringing back former players, but he could be a shrewd signing. Give us bite back in midfield, still seems to keep himself in great shape, more versatile than he was when he left us (has played extensively at CB sand RB in the last 7 years) and had a great season for Luton last year.

I don't think we do at all - need a tough tackling midfielder and leader and one who can play a decent forward pass. This the area that let us down the most last season.

If we keep Kiernan in midfield i think we've got the tackler and maybe Mantom and Dru can be the forward passers

If we keep Kiernan in midfield i think we've got the tackler and maybe Mantom and Dru can be the forward passers

To be fair to Kiernan, he was spraying the ball about quite nicely from central midfield towards the end of this season. He actually has some technique in his game IMO.

Kiernan without doubt (from me) has the quality but I’d like to see him as the cornerstone of the defence and bring in quality into holding midfield.

A fit kiernan does that role very well imo
A creative midfielder. Left back. Brute of a centre back. Championship here we come

Kiernan versus McCormack as DCM? Macca wins that hands down I'm afraid, however predictable you might think me saying that is. I've yet to see Kiernan impose himself on a game the way Macca did against us last season.

With that released list I would have thought we could bring in ?afford about 6 newbies, in a mix of permanent signings and loanees
Midfield looks very weak especially with Mantom , Dieng, Hyam and if you include the rather sad Kightly and off form Mc Laughlin, although his last performance gave me some hope

With that released list I would have thought we could bring in ?afford about 6 newbies, in a mix of permanent signings and loanees
Midfield looks very weak especially with Mantom , Dieng, Hyam and if you include the rather sad Kightly and off form Mc Laughlin, although his last performance gave me some hope
Don’t forget a fitness coach. We can’t afford another round of injuries.

I'd have Keirnan as a centre back any time,
McCormack, experience of this league.....tick,
put himself about...…..…...tick...……………………….
fitness...…………...tick...………………….
age ? (dunno)

3 out of 4 ...ain't bad :Whistling:

It will be interesting to see how league 1 and 2 clubs handle and potentially benefit from the significant extension of the transfer window deadline to the 2nd September?
As the window gets underway 14 players have so far been signed up in the EFL with Northampton already kicking off with 4 signings

We need a goal scoring midfielder... Josh Morris fits the bill perfectly.

Apparently, Josh Morris scored 37 goals from midfield for Scunthorpe during the last three seasons in 125 games. I wonder why he is being released?

Apparently, Josh Morris scored 37 goals from midfield for Scunthorpe during the last three seasons in 125 games. I wonder why he is being released?

He refused to sign a new contract as he want's to play for a bigger club, hopefully in the Championship he said. Suffered a little from injury the season just finished.

Kiernan proved he can tick those boxes v Sunderland and more to the point that was in the biggest game we have had since Wembley.

With budget obviously tight it might be better to keep him in CM and find a quality CB rather than looking for the sort of midfielder every fan wants but cant afford.

I feel certain that with a good pre-season Kiernan and Dru will be a top 6 pairing in mid-field.

If you then add a fit Hopper, Humphrys and Cox, with 2 up top and one on the bench.....Then turning up at RH wont be the same Sunday afternoon stroll along the promenade like it was last season.

Last edited:
Back