• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Bristol City are in the money with Bournemouth snapping up Lloyd Kelly yesterday for a mere £13 million, maybe they will need less cash for Taylor Moore?

Moore and Hart would be two decent captures as would an old warrior McCormack in the centre. And another winger and we are in business

Agreed - I’d be very happy indeed with all three. I suspect Bond will have a few surprises for us, he’ll be very much his own man I think. Can’t wait to see a signing or two!

Hart would be great because not only does he tick one of the two left back slots needed he could be pushed up to left mid. Has good energy and not afraid to take someone on. But more importantly and unlike some others, can squeeze a cross in from a tight angle.

Wide players at all levels often cause divided opinions amongst us fans but I think to only way to judge is if there is an end product.....The same when judging the attacking qualities of a full back.

If we do sign Hart we need to build the squad around a 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation, as a wing back Hart is quality but he's not as great when asked to be a traditional full back, Elvis is the same.

Hart has good energy and not afraid to take someone on. But more importantly and unlike some others, can squeeze a cross in from a tight angle.

Wide players at all levels often cause divided opinions amongst us fans but I think to only way to judge is if there is an end product.....The same when judging the attacking qualities of a full back.
A bit like what Elvis did against Sunderland?!?

Moore and Hart would be two decent captures as would an old warrior McCormack in the centre. And another winger and we are in business
Does McCormack really have the legs any more to do that type of role? He's been in an out of the Luton team with injuries this season, and has been a utility player for the last few years. Not saying he hasn't played well this season, but he's a year older now and we don't want to be just planning for this season, we've got a major re-build to put the squad through.

Also, does he have any weddings lined up this season?

Does McCormack really have the legs any more to do that type of role? He's been in an out of the Luton team with injuries this season, and has been a utility player for the last few years. Not saying he hasn't played well this season, but he's a year older now and we don't want to be just planning for this season, we've got a major re-build to put the squad through.

Also, does he have any weddings lined up this season?

We don't that type of midfielder either IMO, we have others that can do that role. We need a more mobile midfielder, to cover for Dru, that's what we are lacking

We don't that type of midfielder either IMO, we have others that can do that role. We need a more mobile midfielder, to cover for Dru, that's what we are lacking
Definitely not disagreeing that we need another CM (although it's less of a priority than other areas of the pitch) - however I'm debating whether McCormack is the answer.

I think we should try and mould Dru into the holding midfielder type with the occasional burst forward. Leave more the creativity, goal contribution to a reinvigorated Mantom next season. He clearly has much more in those departments than young Dru currently.

Back