• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

The winding up order is due to be heard next week. I know there have been many before and Martin has always come up with the money but I do wonder if this issue is affecting morale within the club and is perhaps more serious this time round.

The winding up order is due to be heard next week. I know there have been many before and Martin has always come up with the money but I do wonder if this issue is affecting morale within the club and is perhaps more serious this time round.

Not really. It's part and parcel of playing for about half the clubs in Div 1 and 2 that are in deep financial trouble. Also, we have just had the Dru Yearwood much needed cash injection that will take the pressure off for now.

We have just received circa 2 million.

I'm not sure why we are even needing to go to court

Not really. It's part and parcel of playing for about half the clubs in Div 1 and 2 that are in deep financial trouble. Also, we have just had the Dru Yearwood much needed cash injection that will take the pressure off for now.
But we don't know how much the fee really was, nor how it will be paid. Doubt if it was a bank transfer on the day for the full amount, whatever that was. I know many other clubs are in the same situation but there comes a time when the wheeling and dealing has to stop, as Bury and Bolton are finding out. Just hope it's not us this time.

But we don't know how much the fee really was, nor how it will be paid. Doubt if it was a bank transfer on the day for the full amount, whatever that was. I know many other clubs are in the same situation but there comes a time when the wheeling and dealing has to stop, as Bury and Bolton are finding out. Just hope it's not us this time.

Not really looked into how the Bolton situation came about, but did in the Bury situation. They were fleeced by the former Chairman. A very clever man, operating a very complex way of getting money out of the club through asset stripping, loans and fees, and passing the club on for a £1 when there was nothing else to get. Ron Martin isn't in it for the money he can fleece out of our club, he's actually done his brains so far. He's in it for the pot of gold that is the Fossetts development. So he needs to keep us alive to get that. He's happened to fall in love with the club on the way, and may even stay on after the pot of gold.

Not really looked into how the Bolton situation came about, but did in the Bury situation. They were fleeced by the former Chairman. A very clever man, operating a very complex way of getting money out of the club through asset stripping, loans and fees, and passing the club on for a £1 when there was nothing else to get. Ron Martin isn't in it for the money he can fleece out of our club, he's actually done his brains so far. He's in it for the pot of gold that is the Fossetts development. So he needs to keep us alive to get that. He's happened to fall in love with the club on the way, and may even stay on after the pot of gold.

I don't think he was clever or his scam was complex.

He just targeted one of the most financially vulnerable group of people going.....The football fan.......Offer them sweets and they will always get in the van.

All this winding up stuff has no bearing on the way the players do on the pitch .If we was in the state of Bolton or Bury then yes it may well do . All the problems on the pitch are bad line ups .Bad management .And it has sod all to do the clubs finances .

All this winding up stuff has no bearing on the way the players do on the pitch .If we was in the state of Bolton or Bury then yes it may well do . All the problems on the pitch are bad line ups .Bad management .And it has sod all to do the clubs finances .

Not true. When the players weren't paid in 2008? they did nothing and we got relegated. if you remember Sturrock only had 4 players turn up for pre-season as no one wanted to stay. It does make a difference.

Not true. When the players weren't paid in 2008? they did nothing and we got relegated. if you remember Sturrock only had 4 players turn up for pre-season as no one wanted to stay. It does make a difference.
Must impact on recruitment.if a possible signing is aware of financial difficulties. Just like everyone else, footballers have regular monthly commitments and many have young families to support so you might think twice about signing for a club with a winding up order hanging over it.. Due diligence works both ways.

Why should we be worried about this anymore when Bury are still in business?

I thought about this last time we were in a spot of bother, and if you look at how much his loaned to the club including the money that has since been written off and that his had this investment company to back the project who will have a share in it, perhaps even a majority... There's a point where that pot of gold is just breaking even.

Back to transfers. There's still some decent free agents around. Timlin and Atkinson, there's your centre and wide midfielder sorted... XD

the 15th apparently.
Just heard that the Gillingham game also suspended. Their next game after that v Rotherham also under threat. .Aug 23 is the day they will be kicked out of the EFL barring something conclusive happening

Back