• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Anyone know if Anthony Grant is still not training/involved with the first team at Shrewsbury ? The type of player we could do with I think - need some steel and experience in the middle right now.

It wouldn't surprise me if Theo headed out on loan having failed to make the squad for today's match. We need better and if we could replace him with someone else with pace (but who also has a footballing brain) then that would be good business on our part.

It wouldn't surprise me if Theo headed out on loan having failed to make the squad for today's match. We need better and if we could replace him with someone else with pace (but who also has a footballing brain) then that would be good business on our part.

Talking to some Lincoln supporters today and they really liked Theo. #justsaying

Your “ only club “ statement is incorrect ,I’m afraid. I’m not the first to point this out : 2014-15 League Cup... M K Non-Dons 4 Manure 0.
Sorry i look upon MK Dons as past wimbledon and they certainly lost to Man U many time, just because they change there name and location to my mind dosent make them a new team .So to me Southend still the only club with 100% winning record .

Welcome to Roots Hall Ethan ,we are not quite as big a club as Man U, but the one thing we have over them is that we are the only club in the leagues to have a 100% winning record against them. Oh! And please disregard the moaners on SZ if you tend to have a bad game occasionally.
Your “ only club “ statement is incorrect ,I’m afraid. I’m not the first to point this out : 2014-15 League Cup... M K Non-Dons 4 Manure 0.
Sorry i look upon MK Dons as past wimbledon and they certainly lost to Man U many time, just because they change there name and location to my mind dosent make them a new team .So to me Southend still the only club with 100% winning record .

You need to qualify your statement with "English League Clubs", there are actually seven clubs who have a 100% win record against Manchester United, of which only two are or have been English League Clubs.

Clubs with 100% win record against Manchester United

Fleetwood Rovers 1886 FA Cup
Bootle Reserves 1890 FA Cup
Lazio 1999 UEFA Cup Winners Cup
Vasco da Gama 2000 Club World Championship
Southend United 2006/07 Carling Cup
Zeni St-Petersburg 2008 European Super Cup
MK Dons 2014 EFL Cup

I think you knew exactly what i was saying when i said leagues ,just think your trying to be facetious.and again i dont count MK DONS THEY WERE WIMBLEDON

Of course. He played for them when they were still in the National League. Probably looked world class in that division.

More likely, Lincoln had and still have a manager who knows how to get the best out of his players.

The only player we need is a 6'2" target man. He doesn't have to be a prolific scorer but must be able to hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

with us bringing in 8 , which is pretty unusual , I wonder if that is the end of it.??

Still seems to be going crazy elsewhere, I cant recall a season like it. 8 clubs have actually brought in 89 players, nearly a full team each !! Not sure the reasons behind such an incredible intake to the league.

Top intakers are....... Gillingfham 12 Shrewsbury 12 Accrington 12 and Tranmere 12 Oxford 11 Coventry 10 Doncaster 10 and Peterborough 10

Splashing most cash..............Coventry bought 4 Peterborough 4 Shrewsbury 4 MK Dons 3 Rotherham 3

Most inclined towards Loanees........ Doncaster 5 Shrewsbury 5 Oxford 4 Fleetwood 4 and Rochdale 4

Getting em in from the Premiership.... Rotherham 4 Accrington 3 Doncaster 3 Gillingfham 3 Oxford 3 and Shrewsbury 3

Think we desperately need another winger. We’ve got enough strikers with Hopper hopefully not too far away now, but playing 4-4-2 becomes a bit difficult due to lack of wingers.

McL off the boil, Hutchinson not a natural winger, Goodship not a natural winger and Barrett injured. Leaves McL and Ndukwu as our only natural wingers. But given McL’s lack of form, Ndukwu is the only viable option at the moment so we need to get another in otherwise we might aswell just play 5-3-2 with Elvis and Ralph as wing backs.

I just can't see any further incomings unless someone leaves first. We have 28 in our squad if you include our two loanees. That's huge at league 1 level

Back