• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

23 signings into league 1 today and what looks like some very good ones, mind you , so did some of ours

So Bolton sign 9 players on deadline day just after bagging themselves a proven experienced manager. This is going to be a long season!!!

Whilst I’m please for Bolton (well their fans) to have new owners, I can’t be the only one who thinks it’s unfair that they’ve now signed 9 new players whilst some teams have already battered their youth team and have taken the 3 points and plenty of goals to add to their goal difference.

Whilst I’m please for Bolton (well their fans) to have new owners, I can’t be the only one who thinks it’s unfair that they’ve now signed 9 new players whilst some teams have already battered their youth team and have taken the 3 points and plenty of goals to add to their goal difference.

Yes, but some teams got to play us when we were being managed by Bond (it's a deliberate use of those words, I'm just bloody hoping!) and have greatly enhanced their goal difference too. Some teams also got to play us last year when we had an injury crisis. I take the point, and the EFL have right royally screwed up this whole season in my opinion, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Only 5 clubs brought in less players than us but its been crazy with some going nuts during this summer window, and Ive not known anything like it and still trying to comprehend why?
5 clubs signed 69 players alone !
Accrington look like finishing as top signers with 15, Shrewsbury 14, Gillingham 14, Coventry 13 Tranmere 13 Oxford 12 Rotherham 12 Bolton 12 Blackpool 11 Doncaster 11 Wycombe 11 Peterborough 10 Fleetwood 10

If you want to see how far we are in the brown stuff we are, here is the link of L1 activity today:

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/League+One/Transfer+News

So we will carry on playing players out of position with glaring gaps in our squad in a couple of positions, at least, whilst Bolton with their new look side, will now stride on to the play offs........possibly.

If you want to see how far we are in the brown stuff we are, here is the link of L1 activity today:

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/League+One/Transfer+News

So we will carry on playing players out of position with glaring gaps in our squad in a couple of positions, at least, whilst Bolton with their new look side, will now stride on to the play offs........possibly.
There's no chance of Bolton making the playoffs, the loan signings are meant to be good prospects but the permanent signings are essentially players no one else wanted, they're all free transfers, other clubs would have signed them by now if they were promotion quality. Ultimately they've still only got 16 players that weren't promoted from their youth system at the start of the season.

There's no chance of Bolton making the playoffs, the loan signings are meant to be good prospects but the permanent signings are essentially players no one else wanted, they're all free transfers, other clubs would have signed them by now if they were promotion quality. Ultimately they've still only got 16 players that weren't promoted from their youth system at the start of the season.

The majority of their signings today would walk in to our team. Fully expect them to be above us in a month or so unless we sort our **** out.

Daryl Murphy is just the player were crying out for a target man to bring our other forwards onto the game

Well that was a pretty underwhelming day! No news on either the transfer or the managerial front. Awaiting tomorrow night.............what about a result at Orient and Waddock then being appointed caretaker manager (but for how long?)

Back