• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

We defo need another striker as we don’t know whether Hopper will start season or breakdown injured again and cannot go into the season without 4 decent strikers if we hope to have a good season. Kelman is one for the future

I wouldn’t put spending big wages on a striker at the top of my priority this summer unless there’s interest/money on the table for Cox.

Richard Taylor from Burnley... Old news see post no 192 on this thread, haha....

Not sure if been mentioned but Someone sent something to me on Twitter indicating Gary Hooper at Boots and Laces

Could be Instagram (don’t have that one)

Perhaps Hooper left something behind when he was last seen at B&L back in January or even last summer.

Mixed feelings about the small possibility of Hopps returning. IF we managed to get the lad who stayed fit and scored goals like he did in a Celtic/Norwich shirt then I’d take him over any of our current strikers with possibly the exception of Cox. That said he won’t be cheap nor do I think he could stay fit for long enough to recapture that kind of form so for me it’s a risk not worth taking.

Perhaps Hooper left something behind when he was last seen at B&L back in January or even last summer.

The tweet shows him passing B&L and at the Roslin- perhaps 2+2= 7. As likely as Peter Crouch rocking up..

At that age and with only a year on the contract the club will take pretty much any reasonable offer and if he gets one more decent pay day or opportunity to win something he will make sure it happens either way.....

That’s life unfortunately

He might, if he really wanted to go. But I can’t see a Championship club coming in for him at this point in his career and I doubt another League One club could afford to offer enough to make him want to break his contract with us. Just can’t see it. And as for going to Scotland, don’t get me started.

We do need another striker if Robinson indeed does go. Let’s see

Yes but blowing a huge chunk of our minimal budget on Hooper as a fourth decent striker when we have other positions in serious need of strengthening would be absolutely ****ing stupid.

If we do need a fourth striker, it will be a loan or a promising youngster from non-league.

Back