• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Hopefully Theo did well enough to have earned a free transfer to a league 2 team. We need a striker with pace to be another option. Theo just not good enough to be that in league one

If we start the season with Cox, Humphrys, Hopper, Robinson and Kelman I’d say that’s a pretty decent front line up to choose from.

We need to learn from this season... we 100% need another striker
Anyone we bought in would be at best 4th choice because our main 3 are quality for this level, and no proven goalscorer is going to be willing to join as fourth choice (it's only by a string of bad luck that we've had to rely on a fringe striker so often this season, usually the fourth choice isn't playing outside of cup matches). I don't see how we are going to attract anyone better than Theo or Kelman that's will be willing to come here knowing they'll be a backup.

We have 3 good strikers for this level, Theo who isn't great but good enough for injury cover (unless he wants to move on) and hopefully Kelman can develop over the season, although we shouldn't need him bar another injury crisis. Of all the areas we need to improve on another striker would be far down my wish list.

Anyone we bought in would be at best 4th choice because our main 3 are quality for this level, and no proven goalscorer is going to be willing to join as fourth choice (it's only by a string of bad luck that we've had to rely on a fringe striker so often this season, usually the fourth choice isn't playing outside of cup matches). I don't see how we are going to attract anyone better than Theo or Kelman that's will be willing to come here knowing they'll be a backup.

We have 3 good strikers for this level, Theo who isn't great but good enough for injury cover (unless he wants to move on) and hopefully Kelman can develop over the season, although we shouldn't need him bar another injury crisis. Of all the areas we need to improve on another striker would be far down my wish list.

I would imagine Robinson will be off. He has had a successful spell at Swindon and I'm sure their fans love him so why wouldn't he move from somewhere the fans abused him and move there?

Hopper is not going to be fit to start the season either, and how much will the injury and lack of proper pre season affect his comeback performances.

We would essentially be starting the season with Cox, Humphrys and Kelman in that case.

I wouldn't think we need a permanent signing in this area but we definitely need to add something at least until January so we can see when and how fit Hopper comes back.

Adebayo Akinfenwa's contract is up this year, any other time I'd have welcomed the chance to try and get him to Southend, but I think we have some excellent strikers on our books now.

Well we always talk about signing a HUNGRY striker, so I'm sure he'd fit the bill!

Tenacity and guile definitely needed in midfield. Also pace. When a centre back (Lennon) is the squad's quickest player, there's something wrong. I cant remember the last time Macca or Kightly took on a fullback. I like the look of Barratt, but I don't think he's a speed demon.

With our contract situation it will be approx 3 out 3 in
With a fully fit squad the right coaching and tactics that is not a bad thing
Fundamentally we have a decent squad if properly fit and organised

If we start the season with Cox, Humphrys, Hopper, Robinson and Kelman I’d say that’s a pretty decent front line up to choose from.
But apart from Theo they are all too slow!

We need pace, pace, pace....... also a big lumps at CF and CB!!

With our contract situation it will be approx 3 out 3 in
With a fully fit squad the right coaching and tactics that is not a bad thing
Fundamentally we have a decent squad if properly fit and organised

We have 15 contracts due up this year. So it may be more than 3.
Turner, Hendrie, Coker and Ted Smith all being good possibilities to leave. Robinson signed until next year so Swindon may have to cough up if they want to make an approach for him

I would imagine Robinson will be off. He has had a successful spell at Swindon and I'm sure their fans love him so why wouldn't he move from somewhere the fans abused him and move there?

Hopper is not going to be fit to start the season either, and how much will the injury and lack of proper pre season affect his comeback performances.

We would essentially be starting the season with Cox, Humphrys and Kelman in that case.

I wouldn't think we need a permanent signing in this area but we definitely need to add something at least until January so we can see when and how fit Hopper comes back.
Don't forget you can only sign season long loans now.

I’d expect a few out the door in the coming weeks. The talk was for whole scale changes a week ago remember. We’ve defied the odds and stayed up yes but it’s been a desperate season. Midfield needs looking at as a priority. A few there that don’t deserve a new contract.

How long before we sign a new player? Last year under Powell it wasn’t that long?

Back