• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

If there ends up being any sort of story to this then I'm concerned. I'm concerned about the wages and I'm concerned the first position we are looking to strengthen isn't centre midfield

If there ends up being any sort of story to this then I'm concerned. I'm concerned about the wages and I'm concerned the first position we are looking to strengthen isn't centre midfield

On the first point I'd agree, but not necessarily on the second in terms of it being 'the first' position we are looking to strengthen... it probably isn't, but deals move at different paces. You have an overall plan and targets for each position, then engage them all and they will cross the line (or not) at their own pace.

I do think we need another striker if Theo leaves and we don't know where Hopper is up to in his recovery, but probably a youngster on loan as back-up to Humphrys/Cox given that Wabo and Ba have left.

Anyway, I'd be amazed if we signed Hooper given that he's being linked with Celtic and Championship clubs. We surely can't afford his wages.

Probably nothing more to it than us letting him use our training facilities whilst he finds himself a new club. As a local lad, I imagine he’s come back to the area following his release up North, so we’ve probably done him a favour.

I’m almost certain his wage expectations are far more than we can ever hope to afford and given how signing Kightly has turned out, I highly doubt Ron will be that willing to sign another ageing pro with a patchy injury record on high wages.

Probably nothing more to it than us letting him use our training facilities whilst he finds himself a new club. As a local lad, I imagine he’s come back to the area following his release up North, so we’ve probably done him a favour.

I’m almost certain his wage expectations are far more than we can ever hope to afford and given how signing Kightly has turned out, I highly doubt Ron will be that willing to sign another ageing pro with a patchy injury record on high wages.

Ron does love a big name signing to boost the old season ticket sales.

But he's surely been burnt enough times now to realise when to give the game up.

If this story has legs, I like Ayrshire will be more concerned about us spunking our minimal budget on a position which is arguably the strongest in the squad.

Ron does love a big name signing to boost the old season ticket sales.

But he's surely been burnt enough times now to realise when to give the game up.

If this story has legs, I like Ayrshire will be more concerned about us spunking our minimal budget on a position which is arguably the strongest in the squad.

I agree Ron likes a big name signing and Hooper is the sort of player we’d go for ordinarily in that situation. Using geography and guarantees of first team football to get the deal over the line.

But Ron’s not stupid, whatever you think of him as a businessman. He knows that with everyone fit our strike force is decent at this level. I believe with the right supply line capable of getting us where we’d all hope to be next season.

I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if we ******* our transfer budget on another striker when our defence and midfield are in urgent need of repair.

I agree Ron likes a big name signing and Hooper is the sort of player we’d go for ordinarily in that situation. Using geography and guarantees of first team football to get the deal over the line.

But Ron’s not stupid, whatever you think of him as a businessman. He knows that with everyone fit our strike force is decent at this level. I believe with the right supply line capable of getting us where we’d all hope to be next season.

I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if we ******* our transfer budget on another striker when our defence and midfield are in urgent need of repair.

The midfield won't change that much, if at all, as we have plenty of players in that position at the moment - maybe a winger as we lost Bunn, but then he was to cover Barrett.

So other than defence, we probably do need another forward, though it will depend whether Theo goes or not.

The midfield won't change that much, if at all, as we have plenty of players in that position at the moment - maybe a winger as we lost Bunn, but then he was to cover Barrett.

So other than defence, we probably do need another forward, though it will depend whether Theo goes or not.

Yeah we need another forward but not one of Gary Hooper’s type of financial outlay. As you said it depends on if Theo Robinson goes and we should be looking to replace him with someone on similar wages and hope for better end product. That’s not a dig at Theo but we should always look to improve, especially after last season.

I agree we’ve got a lot of players in midfield still under contract but that doesn’t mean it’s not an area which needs strengthening. For me the balance in that area, along obviously with all the injuries, is what contributed to our downfall last year. Dieng and Mantom just doesn’t work.

We need someone with pace and ability to be able to beat a man in centre mid

We have that in Dru. He just needs to refocus this summer and the right person(s) along side him......A natural leader with presence..... Rob Kiernan would be my choice.

Echo just put an article out saying Bond not chasing Hooper return, thank ****!

Not surprised, it would be stupidity to try and have four strikers who would all expect to start every week at this level.

Back