• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Just seen someone who looked a bit like Dimitar Berbatov driving a grey/ silver transit in Benfleet. Assistant manager anyone? Chris Phillips if you could personally chase this "rumour" up for me with KB please that would be great. Happy for the Echo to run with this today if no other news.

I think 4 is the minimum requirement and a significant number of clubs at this level have run with 5 or more., notably 8 in some cases. One reason is the need for strengthening competition , another is the critical need for cover and replacement, it is also valuable if amongst the strikers you can have something different in the locker. Our season certainly proved the need for Cover, as we effectively came down to what was seen as one small front man. Sir CP certainly spoke of his hope for more

It's very early days of course but Coventry are out of the blocks fast and up and running with 3 new signings already bringing in 2 new Goalkeepers. Gillngham under Steve Evans are the first club to pay out a fee ( undisclosed ) for Connor Ogilvie from Spurs.

I think 4 is the minimum requirement and a significant number of clubs at this level have run with 5 or more., notably 8 in some cases. One reason is the need for strengthening competition , another is the critical need for cover and replacement, it is also valuable if amongst the strikers you can have something different in the locker. Our season certainly proved the need for Cover, as we effectively came down to what was seen as one small front man. Sir CP certainly spoke of his hope for more

I not talking about just numbers, yes you do need at least 4. What I mean is the replacements are never going to be as good as the first choice at a club like ours.

We actually have the ideal player to make up the 4th option in Theo. Sadly I don't think he will stay and that would be the right decision for him personally.

So now we need another pacey forward, with L1 experience who can stay on-side, happy to be on the bench and be an impact player. Can fill in for any of our target men if they are injured, cost no more than Theo but above all be much better Theo.......If Bond doesn't sign such a player or stoops to a loanee then the word of the day will be underwhelmed.

At my age I have enough worries about remembering or rather, not remembering things, without imagining I have read things when I haven't! So, yesterday (or was it the day before? :Smile: ), I saw (thought I saw) an article on CP's twitter feed by Kevin Bond, which was a sort of player update. I didn't copy it at the time..........and now it seems to have just disappeared (that's of course, if it existed in the first place! :Smile: ) Near the end of this article he refered to the loans of Moore, Hart and Bunn, thanking them for their services and then an interesting little teaser, added something to the effect, "who knows, maybe our paths will cross again." (Does he know something we don't................of course he does!) Anyway it would help me and my sanity, if someone else saw the same article, or can find it.

At my age I have enough worries about remembering or rather, not remembering things, without imagining I have read things when I haven't! So, yesterday (or was it the day before? :Smile: ), I saw (thought I saw) an article on CP's twitter feed by Kevin Bond, which was a sort of player update. I didn't copy it at the time..........and now it seems to have just disappeared (that's of course, if it existed in the first place! :Smile: ) Near the end of this article he refered to the loans of Moore, Hart and Bunn, thanking them for their services and then an interesting little teaser, added something to the effect, "who knows, maybe our paths will cross again." (Does he know something we don't................of course he does!) Anyway it would help me and my sanity, if someone else saw the same article, or can find it.

Have a look on the OS :Smile:

Have a look on the OS :Smile:
Hahahahah, thanks for that! So I'm not imagining things..............just getting a little confused! '(Is that just as worrying? :Smile:) Anyway, for those who haven't seen it, here it is and the words I refered to were, " I want to thank all three for helping Southend stay in League One and wish them well for the future, you never know our paths may cross again." Should, or should we not read too much into that???

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2019/may/a-squad-update-from-the-manager/

I mentioned it before on here, it's no big secret, and won't be a surprise if you didn't know, they are trying to get Moore and Hart back, whether that be permanent or loan. Lots of ifs and buts.
The transfer fee's may be beyond us, but who knows. Moore absolutely loves it here and said he's never been happier at any football club. Hart is just going to get better the more he plays. I will be over the moon to see them both back, but happy with just one of them.

Think we may put in an offer for Bunn.

Of course from a neutral standpoint hope things are resolved. But Bury on track to go bust if their owner doesn’t do the right thing and sell. Statement by all players alludes to them potentially having to look for new clubs...

Were that to happen, I’d like us to snap up Bunn and Thompson.

Danny Mayor still there? I think he'd be a better option than Bunn.

I completely forgot we had him.

Now I feel like I've joined the ranks of people who constantly link us to our former players.

Players like Mayor are acceptable to want back he played about 5 games for us. People asking for McCormack and Hooper now that’s just plain silly.

Back