• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I believe Coxy is from that way, and now he has no ties to the area you never know......I hope it's bollocks.

There was an interview posted not long ago where he talked about his marriage endings and he does mention whether or not he would want to stay in the house now. You never know indeed.

There was an interview posted not long ago where he talked about his marriage endings and he does mention whether or not he would want to stay in the house now. You never know indeed.

Long term partner, I don't think they were married but yes, one hell of an upheaval in his life nonetheless.

I'd be more concerned with losing Cox to Sunderland, they have the money to splash out on a proven goal scorer at this level and will want to ensure they go up automatically next season

I'd be more concerned with losing Cox to Sunderland, they have the money to splash out on a proven goal scorer at this level and will want to ensure they go up automatically next season

Highly unlikely he'll go north IMHO. West very possibly, what with his family apparantly from that area.

I can see a club like the hammers offer 500k for someone like kellman.

It's literally pocket change to them and could potentially be a master stroke.

Yeah ok...?

West ham paid 1 million for Stephen Hendry.

At 17 and with a bucket load of goals behind him at various age groups and having scored in the first team, he will be on clubs radars for sure.

500k for a potential player like him, really is pocket change for a club like the hammers.

West hams own youth players will be miles ahead of CK technically, with buckets of goals behind them at cat 1 youth levels.....

Unless a player is playing and / or scoring regularly at league 1/2 level I can’t see a Prem club coming in and paying that sort of money....they may pay the standard compensation for a scholar but once they’ve signed a pro the risk / reward is far greater.

West hams own youth players will be miles ahead of CK technically, with buckets of goals behind them at cat 1 youth levels.....

Unless a player is playing and / or scoring regularly at league 1/2 level I can’t see a Prem club coming in and paying that sort of money....they may pay the standard compensation for a scholar but once they’ve signed a pro the risk / reward is far greater.

Time will tell.

It's a big season for young Charlie.

He needs to work on his physic. He looked out of his depth in that respect against grown men.

He will absolutely have gained so much from being around the first team.

We have had a long succession of keepers defenders and midfielders playing from youth to first team. We haven't had much at all up front.

I think young Charlie could be the real deal in a season or 2.

I would be tempted to loan him out to the likes of Braintree, Chelmsford or billericay to see what he can do in real match situations.

If he is the real deal, he will score plenty.

Time will tell.

It's a big season for young Charlie.

He needs to work on his physic. He looked out of his depth in that respect against grown men.

He will absolutely have gained so much from being around the first team.

We have had a long succession of keepers defenders and midfielders playing from youth to first team. We haven't had much at all up front.

I think young Charlie could be the real deal in a season or 2.

I would be tempted to loan him out to the likes of Braintree, Chelmsford or billericay to see what he can do in real match situations.

If he is the real deal, he will score plenty.

I’d add Emile Acquah to that. Very different from Kelman but shows a lot of promise. The two of them could be excellent backup to Cox, Hopper and Humphries if they can kick on this year.

I’d add Emile Acquah to that. Very different from Kelman but shows a lot of promise. The two of them could be excellent backup to Cox, Hopper and Humphries if they can kick on this year.
Sorry mate, what I saw of Acquah against Shrewsbury and Wycombe, he needs a couple of years playing regularly at a conference side, and then perhaps we look at him again.

Sorry mate, what I saw of Acquah against Shrewsbury and Wycombe, he needs a couple of years playing regularly at a conference side, and then perhaps we look at him again.

Have to agree. Didn't really offer anything. For a big strong lad, he didn't use his weight and he doesn't have any pace either

Can someone do the Nike possible templates which could be our kit for this season. Home n away please?

Cox leaving might be a not be as far off as some assume. Especially if there is a fee involved.

You might also want to ask yourself is he guaranteed a start when Humphrys and Hopper are both available.

Cox leaving might be a not be as far off as some assume. Especially if there is a fee involved.

You might also want to ask yourself is he guaranteed a start when Humphrys and Hopper are both available.

Is that just a hunch Rigsby or do you have some inside info?

I love Coxy and hope he stays. He was the main reason we stayed up and his 100% commitment to the cause even when the chips were down was evident throughout.

Back