• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Cox leaving might be a not be as far off as some assume. Especially if there is a fee involved.

You might also want to ask yourself is he guaranteed a start when Humphrys and Hopper are both available.
Yes 100% the first name on the team sheet

I'd play them as a front 3 with Cox sitting slightly deeper, it'll terrify some of the defences we come up against

Coxy was the glue that held everything together last season. He could definitely play this role, a bit like Jack Payne's most effective position when he was here, but probably better.

I don’t think letting our best player go would be a great look if we have any ambition for next year- if a Championship club offers £2m maybe but in any likely scenario absolutely not. For a club like ours he is not replaceable.

Am I right in saying absolutely no one has been placed on the transfer list?

I would be surprised if KB has been told anything other than he only has funds he generates himself...,,

Selling Cox would be the biggest mistake going. Unless it’s for a ridiculous amount of money it would be a huge loss. Yes we have Humphrys and Hopper but we don’t even know when Hopper will be back and if he will be fit anytime soon. There is a risk of a flare up of the injury. Then we would have to find a replacement for Cox and trying to get someone in of his quality and commitment would be almost impossible. If we lose Cox I think we will be fighting a relegation battle i’m afraid.

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that.

Cox offers the guile and craft and the ability to unlock the door that none of our other attacking players have who all feed off chances created for them as opposed to creating for themselves and others.

I would be seriously concerned with playing Hopper and Humphrys up front (unless cox was tucked in behind them), as it would encourage and be too easy / lazy to just rely on pumping it up to them and hoping.

From what I’m hearing I don’t think that’s how KB wants to play anyway and I’d be surprised if you don’t see an attempt at keeping possession for much longer periods than we experienced last year.

Guessing that there might be some mischief making going on ...fills out a summer break

At least it will never beat the Phil Brown to Bolton rumour. That went on for ages. I took some right abuse for saying it was rubbish. Others said he had already had secret meetings and it was a done deal. It then turned into who the new manager was going to be, Lol.

I hope we start to have a little bit of an identity with an away kit now. Personally I dont like the random change of colour each year. Historically I've probably seen more yellow away kits than any other but just pick an away colour and stick with it

Coxy was the glue that held everything together last season. He could definitely play this role, a bit like Jack Payne's most effective position when he was here, but probably better.

Substitute?

Am I right in saying absolutely no one has been placed on the transfer list?

I would be surprised if KB has been told anything other than he only has funds he generates himself...,,

I’m not aware of anyone and also expect the club to need to have players leave before more come in. They might be holding off though to get players to submit a transfer request?

Cox offers the guile and craft and the ability to unlock the door that none of our other attacking players have who all feed off chances created for them as opposed to creating for themselves and others.

I would be seriously concerned with playing Hopper and Humphrys up front (unless cox was tucked in behind them), as it would encourage and be too easy / lazy to just rely on pumping it up to them and hoping.

From what I’m hearing I don’t think that’s how KB wants to play anyway and I’d be surprised if you don’t see an attempt at keeping possession for much longer periods than we experienced last year.

The reason we didn’t hold onto possession for longer last season was the lack of a (fit) forward to hold the ball up. I know it sounds paradoxical but the Long ball establishes the short passing. Start holding the ball up and all of a sudden the passes can start flowing.

The reason we didn’t hold onto possession for longer last season was the lack of a (fit) forward to hold the ball up. I know it sounds paradoxical but the Long ball establishes the short passing. Start holding the ball up and all of a sudden the passes can start flowing.

I don’t disagree with that as such, but using a target man to hold the ball up and then linking play and short passing in the final third isn’t the same as maintaining possession and building attacks and it’s not how I see a KB side playing.

None of the sides we’d all associate with playing possession based or passing football use a target man type of forward or if they do it’s not essential or key to how they play.

Linking play, breaking and playing between the lines and switching play to move teams around requires confidence, mobility, athleticism and most of all technical proficiency......and that’s all players in all positions (relative to the level of course). Cox would be essential to this as would Taylor Moore, Sam Hart and Harry Bunn (or their type) and it would also be the best way of realizing the potential and talent of the likes of Dru, Hutchinson Kelman and Klass......

It's only because someone's mate is on the wind up about Cox. The three things that someone heard are all made up rubbish. Hooper, Crouch and Cox.

The second two I agree but the first one there was a genuine reason for him being mentioned. He posted a picture of the Roslin and Boots and Laces on social media. Not that I ever thought we would be in for him.

Stephen Humphrys scored 5 goals and they were all created by......Um Stephen Humphrys?

Hoppers last goal be fore his injury sprints past a defender then shows good strength to shrug him off and score.

Kelman.....No need to comment..... Unless of course you credit the Plymouth keeper with an assist.

So your right apart from Cox, Humphrys, Hopper and Kelman the rest of our forwards can't create a chance for themselves

Last edited:
Have to agree. Didn't really offer anything. For a big strong lad, he didn't use his weight and he doesn't have any pace either

Couldn't disagree more, throw a 19 year old up top on his own as a last act of desperation for 2 games is not a fair reflection of his ability. He is a seriously talented player, and I hope that we will see more of his ability next season. Unfair to judge him on two woeful team performances focused on lumping the ball up to him.

Couldn't disagree more, throw a 19 year old up top on his own as a last act of desperation for 2 games is not a fair reflection of his ability. He is a seriously talented player, and I hope that we will see more of his ability next season. Unfair to judge him on two woeful team performances focused on lumping the ball up to him.
If he is a target man in the lower league shouldn't he be getting used to a career of this?

Stephen Humphrys scored 5 goals and they were all created by......Um Stephen Humphrys?

Hoppers last goal be fore his injury sprints past a defender then shows good strength to shrug him off and score.

Kelman.....No need to comment..... Unless of course you credit the Plymouth keeper with an assist.

So your right apart from Cox, Humphrys, Hopper and Kelman the rest of our forwards can't create a chance for themselves

What a shock Rigsby makes a point of completely disagreeing with something I’ve said whilst displaying a complete lack of understanding of what I’ve said.

You’ve used an example of 7 goals out of a complete season from 3 players to show what?

Firstly not all 5 of Stephen Humphrys goals were created by himself for himself. Scunthorpe was a long punt upfield by the goalkeeper and he got on the end of it to finish....he didn’t create the chance, he did well to turn it into a chance and to finish it. In the last game Elvis created the chance and Humphrys did well to keep it alive and to tuck it away as the good forward that he is.

Hoppers goal you refer to he did well to out run and out muscle someone but he didn’t display creativity in opening up a defence with the guile and skill I was referring to......and if you look at most of his other goals he was on the end of good work by other people like good no 9s do.

Don’t get me started on Kelmans freaky effort....if he scores 10 of them a season fair play and I’ll hold my hands up!

My point was....seeing as you clearly struggle with me is that neither Hopper or Humphrys are creative type players. They are no 9s who thrive off other people’s service, defensive errors and their own determination and instinct. They are from a completely different mould to that of a Simon cox who will have as many assists / chances created for others as he will goals to his name.

Listing all of Humphrys 5 goals, 1 of Hoppers and Kelmans only goal as evidence of their creativity is just plain stupidity in my opinion, or just plain bigotry perhaps......

Back