• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Plenty of returns have worked out....Spinner, McCormack, Timlin, Barrett....that's just off the top of my head. Even Robinson hasn't been too bad.

Wouldn’t mind a return for Lenny.

Looked like he was having a good night in the Pink Toothbrush the other night judging by his Instagram. Take it he must still live local? We have zero chance of signing him though, shame!

Looked like he was having a good night in the Pink Toothbrush the other night judging by his Instagram. Take it he must still live local? We have zero chance of signing him though, shame!
Was it a bank holiday baggy special?

Adebayo Akinfenwa's contract is up this year, any other time I'd have welcomed the chance to try and get him to Southend, but I think we have some excellent strikers on our books now.

Would be a great tutor to Acquah on using his height and strength.

We need to offload Theo and bring in a younger quicker striker as the player to try and break into the side.

I'd let dieng and kightly go and Turner will retire. Offer John white a contract but I think coker will move on. Hope we can get Sam Hart on a perm deal.

If we could sign Taylor Moore that would be a great signing.

We also have Barrett to come back.

We definately need a winger with pace and a midfield hard man as we have been so weak in midfield this year.

I really hope we can make signings of younger hungrier signings on permanent deals than journey men or injury prone players on high wages.

Still think we could do with chuks aneke did well in league two last season and can play midfield or up top, has done it in league one in past also.

Lets hope the zone can improve on last summer. Out of about 200 suggestions none of them signed.

No need for clear outs, that never ends well. Bond is in the best position to know who should go and who has to go for budget reasons. Who ever is manger won't have any more money for so called 'upgrades'. In fact he may well get less.

Something people should remember when suggesting the likes of JW should go. As we found out to our pain this season you have to use your whole squad at times and JW is very good value for money. Especially when compared to some others

Last edited:
Midfield needs attention massively starting with wingers.

Do anything we can to get Macca and Kightly off the wage bill and bring in new blood on the wings. Pace being essential Hart has given us some pace on the left hand side and it makes such a difference. Barratt to come back on the wing is good but he is still an unknown we need to be looking at wingers for each side good enough to be starting every game when fit.

If a good enough offer came in for Dru I'd sell. Thought we'd see alot more from him this year.
Transfer list Hyam and Dieng if they go then we can bring in fresh faces.

Keep Mantom there definitely is a player there and in a shocking season his goals/assists return is pretty good.

In defence we surely need to telling Lennon and Kiernan now you two are going to be our pairing for the season get a good pre-season in them and hopefully they can form a solid partnership and be injury-free.
I'd like us to go all out to sign Hart if Coker leaves he got better every game. He is quick and very attack minded - like him alot.
Be happy to sign Taylor Moore but don't think it's the end of the world if we don't.
Give John White another year.
Release Hendrie
Kyprianou to come back gives cover at LB and CB
JD and Elvis cover RB.

Up top we've got Cox, Hopper and Humphrys obviously looking to keep those 3. Pretty sure Theo will be going to Swindon on a free so we will need a replacement for him.

Would 100% keep Theo if we could. He'd be a backup, but as the old adage goes, you only have the ball for 3 minutes out of 90 as a footballer. For the other 87 minutes, nobody gives defenders a tougher time or pulls them out of position more than Theo Robinson.

Of course, the problems begin when the ball comes to him.

Still think we could do with chuks aneke did well in league two last season and can play midfield or up top, has done it in league one in past also.

Very good player but also well out of our price range and doubt he'd leave MK Franchise Scum now they've come up.

Next to no chance, unfortunately. A midfielder with an amazing goal per game ratio is going to attract a lot of offers and be out of our price range, even if he he were to leave MK Dons. Apparently Championship clubs already enquiring.

Next to no chance, unfortunately. A midfielder with an amazing goal per game ratio is going to attract a lot of offers and be out of our price range, even if he he were to leave MK Dons. Apparently Championship clubs already enquiring.
We got cox didn’t we, if you don’t try you don’t get, big Ron can talk about our new stadium, on par with tottenhams new one with our plans:Hilarious:

We got cox didn’t we, if you don’t try you don’t get, big Ron can talk about our new stadium, on par with tottenhams new one with our plans:Hilarious:

Good point. And if we go for the Tottenham stadium, but without the NFL pitch underneath the football pitch, which we don't need. Also, reduce the attendance a little, but have a giant North Bank to keep me happy, then Bob's yer auntie.

Back