• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I think we need tall fast centre back who can score from corners .Midfielders like mark gower who score goals another ryan leonard and a younger michael timlin who is a motivator and leader on the pitch and another wayne gray

I think we need tall fast centre back who can score from corners .Midfielders like mark gower who score goals another ryan leonard and a younger michael timlin who is a motivator and leader on the pitch and another wayne gray

Those are the gaps agreed, but who we ship out will have a huge impact on how many of those gaps we can fill (with quality)... let’s see

The best signing would be a fitness coach.......

Best fitness coach in the world wouldn't have been able to get a squad to be at their best levels of conditioning with an average of about a third of them injured at any one time.

Players have had to be rushed back in when not ready, and those who have been fully fit all season have not been able to be rested. These are human beings with human bodies we're talking about.

Far more sensible would have been to not base our recruitment policy for at least the last four years on injury-prone players of pedigree.

I wondering if the best way to approach a thread like this is to say who we should move on and who may want a move to a bigger club/better wage etc.
We never really got to see how our squad can perform, given half of them were out injured most of the time. My gut feeling is we don't need to do much business.
I want to see a fit again Coker, if not we need cover here.
I think we have good options up front - when fit. I'd be happy to keep the front players the same

Lenny and Timlin offered a lot, which we never replaced. Lenny especially. Hyam offered much promise, but the injuries are too often and too disruptive

We desperately need some height in the side. Being tall doesn't mean you're necessarily better, but my word it gives you an advantage at set pieces both defending and attacking. Conceding goals from set pieces has been a weakness of ours for ages.

Spot on, agree 100 per cent, these are the areas we need to improve on.

a complete overhaul of the fitness and conditioning regime -

a high level professional with experience of working in an elite football environment/or highly qualified newbie with at least 5 years at a top level -

We need to get rid of wages first. From those out of contract;

Smith - Release
Hendrie - Release
Turner - Release
Batlokwa - Release
Phillips - Release
Ba - Release
Wabo - Release

I'd look at trying to get rid of Kightly, McLaughlin, Robinson and Dieng as well. Doing all of this would clear a lot of wages. I'd then offer White, Coker, Barratt, Klaas, Gard, Acquah deals.

I'd try and get Hart, Bunn and Moore back too. Should give us something like'

Oxley, Bishop
White, Demetriou, Coker, Hart, Moore, White, Kiernan, Lennon, Bwomono
Yearwood, Bunn, Barratt, Klass, Mantom, Hutchinson, Hyam
Cox, Humphrys, Hopper

Fill as needed.

We need to get rid of wages first. From those out of contract;

Smith - Release
Hendrie - Release
Turner - Release
Batlokwa - Release
Phillips - Release
Ba - Release
Wabo - Release

I'd look at trying to get rid of Kightly, McLaughlin, Robinson and Dieng as well. Doing all of this would clear a lot of wages. I'd then offer White, Coker, Barratt, Klaas, Gard, Acquah deals.

I'd try and get Hart, Bunn and Moore back too. Should give us something like'

Oxley, Bishop
White, Demetriou, Coker, Hart, Moore, White, Kiernan, Lennon, Bwomono
Yearwood, Bunn, Barratt, Klass, Mantom, Hutchinson, Hyam
Cox, Humphrys, Hopper

Fill as needed.

I think we should do all we can to keep Taylor Moore even if another loan deal. Kightly is on a big wage so might be tough to shift on in his final year although I'd be more than happy to see him moved on.

No major surgery needed but a bit of quality in the midfield would be very welcome

Just a thought but QPR loaned Ilias Chair to Stevenage last season, 16 games 6 goals and 6 assists is a good return for a Central Midfielder, Would QPR want him to gain experience at the next level or ,at 21, will they go first tem or unload ?

Just a thought but QPR loaned Ilias Chair to Stevenage last season, 16 games 6 goals and 6 assists is a good return for a Central Midfielder, Would QPR want him to gain experience at the next level or ,at 21, will they go first tem or unload ?

Good idea but he's got wooden legs and is about to sign for Chesterfield. #furniturepuns

Some of the stuff on here is cracking.

Lenny - signed for a record fee for Millwall
Hooper - Would want wages £10k+ a week
Taylor Moore - Bristol City signed him for £1.5m
Hart - signed a new deal with Blackburn a few months back

Amazing scenes.

Back