• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

It's about comparing systems for identifying players though and we definitely have an issue with attracting them to us.

It's strange because all those who do come to the Blues love the town when they get here - you forget how attractive being by the sea is to people from industrial areas, for instance.
My understanding is certain other clubs (not wanting to mention particular names to avoid derailing thread) tend to shower players who are something of a gamble with fairly high wages - it takes cashflow to make this work. Which we don't have.

Just what I heard not through twitter..

A reliable source?
Would seem strange given that a striker was not top priority going by KB's interview in the echo last week.

Having said that, I would welcome any non league signing.... They excite me a little more than the traditional signing from a fellow league 1 club for example. They are hungry to prove the selves.
Fingers crossed as he had a terrific scoring record last season

A reliable source?
Would seem strange given that a striker was not top priority going by KB's interview in the echo last week.

Having said that, I would welcome any non league signing.... They excite me a little more than the traditional signing from a fellow league 1 club for example. They are hungry to prove the selves.
I see he was originally with Bournemouth, then to Yeovil, who let him go (as tney did Tom Eaves of course, and look at him now). He has an impressive goal scoring record at Weymouth for the last two seasons, it would be great if he could make the grade. However, ominously, It appears he had an injury that took 18 months to clear up.

A reliable source?

I hear what your saying but having looked this guy up, it would appear that he has appeared in league football before at Yeovil town.

He is hardly a youngster as he will be 26 this year I think ?

He is 25 in September.
He's enjoyed 2 prolific seasons at Weymouth scoring almost 80 goals and just maybe it's taken a bit longer for him to realise his potential than others.
It will be a gamble for sure.

Got 37 goals for Weymouth last season. That’s a pretty impressive return indeed.

He's not listed on the Weymouth website in their 2019/20 profiles...

Sounds like the type of player it's worth taking a gamble on. It's a big step up (4 divisions) and I wouldn't expect an immediate pay-off but if Theo's on his way we need a 4th forward who'll be used predominantly from the bench and with 75 goals in 81 appearances he seems to know where the back of the net is.

He's been capped by England C which is usually a good sign - the list of England C internationals is quite impressive (Keiffer Moore, Aaron McLean, George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith, DJ Campbell, Andre Gray, Steve Guppy, Clayton Donaldson, Omar Bogle etc) and whilst not all of them are successful it shows the upside is there. We currently have two ex England C internationals in our squad - Kightly and Barratt and the likes of Ryan Hall and Nicky Bailey were highly successful signings who'd been capped at England C level.

Back