• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Just saying and maybe just a touch of devils advocate but......

He’s three years older than Wabo.....5 years older than Acquah and has been scoring goals in the league below (equivalent) of Billericay.....albeit its a very impressive total....and the equivalent league (same level) as Harlow.....

I know it’s competitive football and very different to our U23s but given how the 23s faired in Essex senior cup v Harlow / Billericay and how I’d view the standards in comparison to our 23s, given games I’d have fancied Wabo to have very similar totals to this.....

It’ll be a big step up for the lad and he’s 2/3 years older than Humphrys?

I’d be interested to know what type of forward he is and would expect him to be more Theo type than Hopper....just remember how Theo looked for us compared to for Swindon a league lower then remember he comes from another three leagues below that....

I’d be interested to know what type of forward he is and would expect him to be more Theo type than Hopper....just remember how Theo looked for us compared to for Swindon a league lower then remember he comes from another three leagues below that....

From the youtube video's, he's more Hopper than Theo.

He’s three years older than Wabo.....5 years older than Acquah and has been scoring goals in the league below (equivalent) of Billericay.....albeit its a very impressive total....and the equivalent league (same level) as Harlow.....

I know it’s competitive football and very different to our U23s but given how the 23s faired in Essex senior cup v Harlow / Billericay and how I’d view the standards in comparison to our 23s, given games I’d have fancied Wabo to have very similar totals to this.....

Non-league signings come with a great degree of unpredictability. He’s not a teenager but has scored 77 goals in the last two seasons. Albeit much lower level but our others don’t have similar output at senior levels.

Came through Bournemouth academy and from what little I know seems to be hard-working and hungry to succeed. Capped for England ‘C’ which isn’t a bad badge of honour either.

If Harlow is an equivalent level to Weymouth Acquah scored 9 goals in 30 games for Harlow whilst Goodship scored 75 goals in 81 matches for Weymouth.

Wabo is a more interesting comparison. I have a sneaky suspicion that Wabo needs to drop down to that level (his one successful loan spell was at that level), score that amount of goals, and then return to the league and that he'll be a better player - hungrier, stronger - after two years in non-league than he will two years in the reserves at Southend.

Theo's issues are more confidence - one thing Goodship shouldn't be lacking after his last 2 seasons - as he looked good for us tail end of the previous season when he scored 5 in 5 starts under Powell and has scored goals at the Championship level.

It's a big step up but with Cox, Humprhys and hopefully soon again Hopper, we don't necessarily need him to be a roaring success. That's why I like this signing. We're not building our season around him - if he becomes an integral part of the team then great otherwise we can take our time with him, we can give him more game time if his play earns it or less if it doesn't. It's a high upside signing when the downside to your 4th choice forward not panning out is small. That's the type of gambles I want us to be taking.

6.2336 feet tall could be handy as well !!

Remember that old song....." Six feet two, eyes of blue.......

Wont sound the same if we have to sing "Six feet point two three three six, eyes of blue, Brandon Goodships after you......La,la,la,la

I would hope to hear news soon that John White has signed his contract offer. Personally I would like the offer to have been for one year with an option on a second. He has been incredibly valuable for us and is still 3 years younger than Turner and showing even greater experience as well as a natural leader on and off the field

I would hope to hear news soon that John White has signed his contract offer. Personally I would like the offer to have been for one year with an option on a second. He has been incredibly valuable for us and is still 3 years younger than Turner and showing even greater experience as well as a natural leader on and off the field

How about 2 years and an option for a third.

JW clearly looks after himself so will be fine for the next 2 seasons.

In the ideal world he wouldn't make the starting 11 but would be the first choice on the bench. Whenever he has come on he has slotted straight in, no matter what the circumstances have been. Thats an often unnoticed skill in football and something not all players are comfortable with.

The reality is every manager who has started with JW as back up very quickly makes him a regular starter.. no doubt with monotonous certainty the same will happen next year.

The reality is every manager who has started with JW as back up very quickly makes him a regular starter.. no doubt with monotonous certainty the same will happen next year.

Suspect he’s been offered a reduced deal otherwise would have expected him to have signed by now.

John White, as good a pro as he is, will only ever be a decent squad player for me.
He simply isn't quick, strong or tall enough to excel at this level. I love John's attitude and commitment, but if KB feels he can find better value elsewhere then I wouldn't be at all fussed.

John White, as good a pro as he is, will only ever be a decent squad player for me.
He simply isn't quick, strong or tall enough to excel at this level. I love John's attitude and commitment, but if KB feels he can find better value elsewhere then I wouldn't be at all fussed.

Absolutely agree with this.

Thats one hell of a valuable squad player though who has averaged 31 games a season for the past 5, and we often moan about injuries and people not being able to turn out ?

Stuart O Keefe signed for Gillingham, anybody remember him from our yoofs or have a view. ? I see he went on from us to play 36 games for Palace and 38 for Cardiff as well as loans out for Portsmouth, Blackpool and MK Dons

I assume we missed out on a fee for Stuart as apparently we had a 3 year percentage sell on fee, unfortunately it was 5 years before he moved on to Cardiff for an undisclosed fee, Wouldnt be surprised if Evans continues his transfer a load in philosophy at Gillingham, already on their 4th signing and he says he is bringing in 2 more strikers. Dont mind if mods prefer this to be an ex Southend player thread, its about 50 -50 but I thought it was an interesting transfer and being asked by saddo Gillingham mates whether we rate him ?

Back