• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I was told at the Walsall away game last season by someone extremely close to dry that he wasn’t keen on bond and bond wasn’t keen on him, who knows this could happen at a price

Close , but still wet though ?

If we get the necessary spondoolies to (re)invest in the squad then go for it, we should sell at the right price. It's the only way we can realistically move forward as a club.

Need CP to confirm if there is any truth in it, he’s on holiday so might not hear much. As it’s a Sun Reporter tweeting it I’ll take it with a pinch of salt until it’s confirmed.

Be interested to know how much if they have made a bid.

Afraid INHO that 007 has the right idea.
Starters he seems incapable of bulging a net and secondly Hutchinson seems to be a better all round prospect.
I will now raise the drawbridge and duck!

If we get the necessary spondoolies to (re)invest in the squad then go for it, we should sell at the right price. It's the only way we can realistically move forward as a club.

Any money we make will not be invested in the squad; it'll be used to keep the tax man away!!!

I would be surprised if there was an issue between Bond and Dru, its not like its Pogba and Mourinhno. Wouldn't Ron and Bondy want to see how he goes early season , rather than get rid of for a cut price, especially if Everton did come in with a previous £1m possible bid?

Ok, that scares me as in my opinion Yearwood should be a key part of our plans - does anyone know what Bond's plans are??

No. Because of the circumstances when he arrived at the club he obviously had to work with what he had. It's hard to say with any degree of certainty what he's plans are in terms of preferred system, tactics and players. Only time will tell...

I would expect teams to be interested in Dru and why wouldn't they make a cheeky offer.

Whatever you think of Ron, he has proved he won't let our players go cheap and this summer would be a poor time to let Dru go.

As for KB not being a fan, he had only been here 2 games when we went to Walsall. So maybe its just a case of Dru over reacting to his demotion from being teachers pet under CP. Which lets be honest done him no favours anyway.

Apart from that why would KB have played Dru in the vital game v Sunderland. Not only that, encouraged him to attack more and allowed him to have one of his better games at RH this season.

From that game alone KB knows there is a good player in there and even if he did want to cash in now......Ron wont let him.

Charlton have bought Bonne from Orient.

He wasn't a regular at Col U and then dropped down to non league with Orient. Although he had a good season with them it's a bit of a gamble for Charlton, National League to Championship is a massive step

He wasn't a regular at Col U and then dropped down to non league with Orient. Although he had a good season with them it's a bit of a gamble for Charlton, National League to Championship is a massive step

I agree with you. Coupled with the fact that Lee Bowyer has today resigned, the poor lad is handicapped from the start. I suspect he will be loaned out come January having been buried under the Charlton Athletic rubble...

Charlton claim Lee Bowyer is unhappy with an offer 3 times greater than his salary last year, could we lose Bondy similarly if we go up

Charlton claim Lee Bowyer is unhappy with an offer 3 times greater than his salary last year, could we lose Bondy similarly if we go up

I would imagine he was more upset at only being offered a one year contract more than what he was getting paid.....

Back