• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Ref Cokes- given we couldn't offer him enough is anyone else going to until he has proved his fitness? Suspect any club interested will want him training with them before they sign? He ideally won't be wanting to do that.

Is he fit enough for pre-season anyway? Can't remember but want it more like Sept/Oct before he got back in which case he won't have a pre-season?

I’m not yet worried about the squad we will have by the start of the season and as has been pointed out players are still paid until the end of this month before becoming free. My main concern about getting them in soon is that we have seen the importance of getting in full pre-seasons in terms of fitness and getting off to a good start with a team that gels. If more business is not done in the next couple of weeks then that becomes a bigger issue.

I’m not yet worried about the squad we will have by the start of the season and as has been pointed out players are still paid until the end of this month before becoming free. My main concern about getting them in soon is that we have seen the importance of getting in full pre-seasons in terms of fitness and getting off to a good start with a team that gels. If more business is not done in the next couple of weeks then that becomes a bigger issue.

Yes, I guess it's 4/5 weeks before the first game- I agree just because we have no defence today does not mean this will be the case 2/3 weeks down the line. Fitness is one thing. However ideally you would want the 4 weeks with the players not just for fitness but organisation, working on playing together, defending set pieces, tactics etc. It would be nice to have a solid start to the season- this is more difficult if the signings are close to the season start.

Personally feel our back line needs a damn good rebuilding, surprised so many people are clamouring for the defenders who were so poor last season to be re-signed. Need some big units and some full backs with a bit of pace.

Personally feel our back line needs a damn good rebuilding, surprised so many people are clamouring for the defenders who were so poor last season to be re-signed. Need some big units and some full backs with a bit of pace.

I'm sorry but I don't agree that Taylor Moore or Sam Hart were poor, or responsible for our form last season. We'd have gone down without them. They are both young and highly promising - we will be extremely lucky to have them back, if we get them.

Southend, Colchester and Carlisle have registered interest in Posh winger Isaac Buckley-Ricketts but again, no offers have been received. (Peterborough Telegraph)

Here's a little bit of gossip discovered from their local press so maybe some truth behind it.

Southend, Colchester and Carlisle have registered interest in Posh winger Isaac Buckley-Ricketts but again, no offers have been received. (Peterborough Telegraph)

Here's a little bit of gossip discovered from their local press so maybe some truth behind it.

An acceptable use of Peterborough on the thread.

I tend to agree with you, I think Moore had spirit and more skill than the like of Bolger but didn't defend as well, on a par with Thompson.
Hart is getting better and has promise but is he that much better then others out there? He might struggle at Rovers in Championship level.
JW is reliable and steady, versatile etc but when others are fit he would be, imo,struggling to be in the starting 11, and with a small squad every player needs to be a strong contender for those positions for very game with every player fit.

No sign of John White at training by the looks of what's been posted on social media.

A bit harsh on some of the others eg Demi is quick,but you’ve neatly summed up why poor old John White is only being offered a pittance

A bit harsh on some of the others eg Demi is quick,but you’ve neatly summed up why poor old John White is only being offered a pittance

We all have differing opinions on players and who we see as good , bad etc , because IMHO John White is our most consistent defender and has been over the past few years. He never seems to start the season , when the 'preferred' choices are fit , but once he gets in the team , he seems for the most part to stay.
he is not spectacular or eye catching , but then again , I don't really want that from my defence.
It's a bit like when people say "I didn't notice the ref so had a decent game".
Anyway , I know I'm in the minority , but I would be happy with JW in our team.

We all have differing opinions on players and who we see as good , bad etc , because IMHO John White is our most consistent defender and has been over the past few years. He never seems to start the season , when the 'preferred' choices are fit , but once he gets in the team , he seems for the most part to stay.
he is not spectacular or eye catching , but then again , I don't really want that from my defence.
It's a bit like when people say "I didn't notice the ref so had a decent game".
Anyway , I know I'm in the minority , but I would be happy with JW in our team.

Your comments on JW are demonstrably correct- each of our managers having not started with him has come to the conclusion he is a first choice and consistently picked ahead of others. every season we have groundhog day where he is referred to a "squad player" or on the "fringes" and then with monotonous regularity once picked stays picked. It may well be that JW is valuing himself based on the reality rather than the fantasy..

JW Is an interesting one for me. He has been a great servant to the club and no doubt adds some much-needed leadership. He has also been solid generally when called upon. However if we were signing him from another club now I am not sure how excited we would all be as if we have real aspirations he will only be a backup player. May well be one of the heart ruling the head and actually Ron will only pay for what he believes he is worth. He may also be worried in the way that after a great season both Anton and MT seemed to fall off a cliff at the end of their careers. I suspect a new contract but on wages that reflect the above might be the right option.

Back