• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I'm with Ricey...when Clarke was "in the right frame of mind"...he was lethal....but when he enthusiasm went down , so did he, and couldn't hide obvious to anyone watching

I thought Leon Clarke was mostly great for us. There were times when he didn't give nowhere near 100%, like a lot of loan players. But his Championship quality was there, and I was always confident he would score goals. He's 34 now tho.
A few are mentioning players that are 33 or 34. I think after the season we have had with a few of the older players treading treacle, or with no pace, lowering the average age of the squad is the way to go, not the other way around.

We have released no one let alone signed someone- in fact at this point we don’t even have a manager so I expect as always we will be playing catch up later. Sometimes that works in our favour- often not

assume step one of manager confirmation will be soon

Official List so far. (updated 09/05)
nb: Some of these are not having their contracts renewed and some may be placed on transfer list.

BRADFORD
Adam Chicksen, Ryan McGowan, Ben Wilson, Billy Clarke, Alex Jones, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Calum Woods, Cameron Hawkes, Callum Gunner, Tom Clare, Paul Caddis

PETERBOROUGH
Aaron Chapman, Callum Cooke, Mark O’Hara, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts, Matt Stevens, Darren Lyon, Ryan Tafazolli, Morgan Penfold and Lewis Freestone.

STANLEY
Danny Williams, Will Wood, Liam Nolan, AND RETURNING TO PARENT CLUBS Luke Armstrong (Middlesbrough), Dan Barlaser (Newcastle United), Janoi Donacien (Ipswich), Liam Gibson (Newcastle) and Paul Smyth (QPR).

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
Almen Abdi, George Boyd, Gary Hooper, David Jones, Marco Matias, Daniel Pudil.

Warren Clarke, Cameron McCulloch, Freddie Nielsen, Connor O’Grady, Dan Wallis and Liam Williams from U23's

Eyad Hammoud from U18's

SHEFFIELD UNITED
Jose Baxter, Paul Coutts, Martin Cranie, Peter Clarke, Dan Gardner, Jay Sheridan, Andy Taylor, Chinedu Uche, Urko Vera

ALSO - Ched Evans, Leon Clarke, Jake Wright, Samir Carruthers, Nathan Thomas, Ben Heneghan and Ricky Holmes have all been placed on the transfer list.

BURTON ALBION
Kyle McFadzean, Harry Campbell, Will Miller, Damien McCrory.

CARLISLE UNITED
Richie Bennett, Anthony Gerrard, George Glendon, Arthur Gnahoua, Peter Grant, Jason Kennedy, Gary Liddle, Gary Miller.

MORECOMBE
Adam Campbell, Vadaine Oliver, Dawid Szczepaniak, James Sinclair and Ben Hedley

NORTHAMPTON
Dean Bowditch, Jack Bridge, David Buchanan, Luke Coddington, Shay Facey, Sam Foley, James Goff, Joe Iaciofano.

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
Lionel Ainsworth, Alex Battle, Harry Hodges, Jamie Ness, Dan Rooney, Paul Anderson, (expired loans>>)Lloyd Jones, Matt Macey, Oscar Threlkeld. Andrew Burn, Rio Garside, Aaron Goulty

WYCOMBE WANDERERS
Nathan Tyson, Marcus Bean, Paris Cowan-Hall, Darius Charles, Michael Harriman and Yves Ma-Kalambay

SHREWSBURY
Mat Sadler, Doug Loft, John McAtee, George Hughes and Christos Shelis

Blackpool
Mark Cullen

ROCHDALE
Bradden Inman and Jordan Williams

BRISTOL ROVERS
Adam Smith, Sam Slocombe, Alfie Clarke, Connor Jones, Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist, James Spruce, Chris Lines, Tom Lockyear

SWINDON TOWN
James Dunne, Jordan Edwards, Olly Lancashire, Jak McCourt, Sol Pryce, Marc Richards, Chris, Robertson, Martin Smith, Lawrence Vigouroux, Jordan Young

OLDHAM
Jose Baxter, Peter Clarke, Dan Gardner, Jay Sheridan, Andy Taylor, Chinedu Uche, Urko Vera

Millwall
Lee Gregory announces he will be leaving the club after 13 goals this season.

GILLINGHAM
Louie Catherall, Ryan Huckle,
Tomas Holy and Thomas Eaves are strongly rumoured to also be leaving with Eaves expected to make the move to a Championship club during the summer

READING winger Callum Harriott has taken to social media site Twitter to announce he will be leaving the club this summer when his contract at the Madejski Stadium comes to an end. Latest rumours suggest Ipswich may make another move for him.

Preston North End
Andy Boyle, Ben Pringle, Marnick Vermijl, Michael Howard, Tom Stead and Tommy Spurr

COVENTRY CITY
Lee Burge, Jack Grimmer, Tom Davies, Liam O’Brien, Tony Andreu, Chris Camwell, Reece Ford, Billy Stedman, Stuart Beavon

OXFORD
Jon Obika, Jonte Smith, Charlie Raglan, Fiacre Kelleher. (GK Scott Shearer Retires)

so on that list who is the midfield maestro that we need, the playmaker that our forwards could feed off?

Don’t understand why so many are so keen to move Macca on. He’s a great player at this level and he might not have had a great season, but Cox aside, who has? He reminded us against Sunderland just what he can bring and given how hard it is to find wingers with end products at this level, we’d be stupid to let him move on.

As mentioned, with Hyam, Dieng and Kightly all contracted next season, it will make strengthening the midfield difficult. I highly doubt we’ll get many offers for them. Dieng maybe, but with Kightly and Hyam’s injury records and wage demands, I fear we’re stuck with them.

I can understand.. he had one good game all season... what about the other 45 or so

As mentioned, with Hyam, Dieng and Kightly all contracted next season, it will make strengthening the midfield difficult. I highly doubt we’ll get many offers for them. Dieng maybe, but with Kightly and Hyam’s injury records and wage demands, I fear we’re stuck with them.

If we get any kind of offer for him we should take it.

Back