• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Can't believe we let Hyam go, best player I never saw :Hilarious:

I will never forget that home game where he rolled up one side of his shorts to expose that one thigh. And then played in the game like it. What was that all about? A lovely thigh it may or may not be, but forget the thigh, the hairband, the posing, and concentrate on your game.

Also what about Humphreys? Maybe he has 2 year contract and no break clause- hence no reason/need to say anything? If he was going to activate it would he not have done so ?
If the clause is there then it wouldn’t be a release would it, it would be him activating and walking away. Maybe he hasnt yet and has to do so by the end of this month or July? while he sorts a new club which was rumoured it be Sunderland.

I am not his biggest fan but he could be a force in L2

Joe Shaughnessy - The player triggered a further year but the club was approached as to whether we would agree a release from Joe's contract, at present those arrangements are not finalised.

Joe Shaughnessy - The player triggered a further year but the club was approached as to whether we would agree a release from Joe's contract, at present those arrangements are not finalised.
So makes sense. You would like to think not along the lines of I am contracted for next year so if you want me to go you need to pay me money. If he wanted to go, and we wanted him to go you would like to think a case of contract cancelled by mutual consent.
Or of course as he is under contract the club might say of course you can go- let us know where and we can start discussing the fee.
Could be easy or complicated but the transfer window in a way is the deadline so could go on a few days or a few weeks..

So makes sense. You would like to think not along the lines of I am contracted for next year so if you want me to go you need to pay me money. If he wanted to go, and we wanted him to go you would like to think a case of contract cancelled by mutual consent.
Or of course as he is under contract the club might say of course you can go- let us know where and we can start discussing the fee.
Could be easy or complicated but the transfer window in a way is the deadline so could go on a few days or a few weeks..
Agree could take a while. Erks me though if it is initiated form his side and then wants paying off

Agree could take a while. Erks me though if it is initiated form his side and then wants paying off
If so I would be tempted to just transfer list him and let him stew for a while (though not too long). Of course he could be OK staying but has an approach back in Scotland or by another club, and so is asking the question. Maybe don't hang him without evidence I guess. Trouble is you do tend to fear the worst with an agent scenting a pay day in these situations..

Reactions: RHB
If so I would be tempted to just transfer list him and let him stew for a while (though not too long). Of course he could be OK staying but has an approach back in Scotland or by another club, and so is asking the question. Maybe don't hang him without evidence I guess. Trouble is you do tend to fear the worst with an agent scenting a pay day in these situations..
Yes agree 100%

I think he will stay for another year, as in my opinion, he would be useful for us in League 2.
He would but we don't know how much he's costing. It might suit us to let him go if its mutually agreeable - especially in todays market we may be able to use the funds better elsewhere. I agree if it is an affordable contract he is very decent for L2, and declining his request would not be entire madness as long as he was happy staying (we have had enough of players who don't being disruptive).

Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one if you ask me; why would you trigger the extension and then in the next breath ask to be released ? If I've read that right, it smacks of him not wanting to be here and if Ron's good for his word (take that with as large a pinch of salt as you want) about not letting freeloaders or those who's heart isn't with the club remain after the last big clear-out - then get rid. The kind of rhetoric that the club and supporters want to hear was very ably voiced by young Clifford ".....it’s a privilege to play for the first team .....".

To be clear, it seems the trigger was automatic based on the number of appearances - he clearly didn't want it triggered

Back