• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

He is reported to have clause that releases him from his contract if we are relegated, that isnt (as far as i understand) the same as the retained / released list as he could choose not to take that option up
You would think there is date by which he has to trigger, and you would imagine that to be June 30. Under normal circumstances he would just trigger it confident of a better deal nearer home. These are not normal circumstances. Would you give up a contract you have if you haven't got one ready to go and in the hand to replace it? Makes it a little less certain. That said decent forwards are always the most sought after in all divisions.

I think he'd like to go back up north and we might decide to cash in seeing as he only has a year left on his contract but as things stand he is our player

I thought that he had a wage cut clause rather than a relegation release clause and he was trying to move because of this rather than us trying to cash him in, I'm sure this was pointed out in Jan when Hopper left as we turned down some offers for him.

He is reported to have clause that releases him from his contract if we are relegated, that isnt (as far as i understand) the same as the retained / released list as he could choose not to take that option up
I have been advised by someone close to Humprys that there is no release clause, the only clause is a relegation wage reduction

I thought that he had a wage cut clause rather than a relegation release clause and he was trying to move because of this rather than us trying to cash him in, I'm sure this was pointed out in Jan when Hopper left as we turned down some offers for him.
yes I think most of the squad had a relegation wage cut clause. The main motivation for him wanting to move is to go back up north and be closer to home. The wage cut reason and us wanting to cash in was just me speculating.

I guess the question is how on earth do they think they can bring in a definition on which u23s count AFTER the point where retained lists need to be announced or players either get a new contract or become out of contract? If it were the having played 30 games for example that would be very helpful to us. Most of are u23a have league 1 experience but less than 30 games, some might say a perfect scenario for us (and for that reason not for others who will want to vote/work against it)..

For sure when we we loom at the squad and where we might eventually sign people this needs factoring in- can't just look at the 20/21 squad list in isolation anymore
In my mind, a simple man with limited knowledge, I would say if you have an under 23 on your books at the 1st of July with more than 30 odd appearances in the first team then he should count towards the salary cap, if he isnt at the club come the first game obviously he wouldn’t count.

30 is an arbitrary number i thought off could be 50 out any number

You would think there is date by which he has to trigger, and you would imagine that to be June 30. Under normal circumstances he would just trigger it confident of a better deal nearer home. These are not normal circumstances. Would you give up a contract you have if you haven't got one ready to go and in the hand to replace it? Makes it a little less certain. That said decent forwards are always the most sought after in all divisions.
Yes i would have thought by the end of this month, He is probably waiting to see if the rumoured Sunderland offer materialises before making a decision, if onit doesn’t he will stay and if they then want him they have to pay.

I wouldn’t be giving it up if i had no options thats for sure

yes I think most of the squad had a relegation wage cut clause. The main motivation for him wanting to move is to go back up north and be closer to home. The wage cut reason and us wanting to cash in was just me speculating.
Yes agree his motivation is being close to family and his girlfriend i believe. Believe he was pushing for that move in January

The one I am most intrigued by and feel who has gone under the radar the most is Mark Oxley.

We have all heard on numerous occasions that he is one of the high earners at the club, is he one we look to clear off the wage bill? Has a year still left on his contract with us but is he still nursing that injury he picked up just before lockdown?

Do fellow shrimpers even rate him that much? I have never been overly convinced.

The one I am most intrigued by and feel who has gone under the radar the most is Mark Oxley.

We have all heard on numerous occasions that he is one of the high earners at the club, is he one we look to clear off the wage bill? Has a year still left on his contract with us but is he still nursing that injury he picked up just before lockdown?

Do fellow shrimpers even rate him that much? I have never been overly convinced.

I like Oxley and think he is a decent keeper, let’s not forget he won Player of the season not that long ago when he was outstanding. He needs a decent defence in front of him and can’t always be blamed for everything. I’d like to keep him and hope he stays and helps us back to League One because he is a very good keeper to have for League Two.

I like Oxley and think he is a decent keeper, let’s not forget he won Player of the season not that long ago when he was outstanding. He needs a decent defence in front of him and can’t always be blamed for everything. I’d like to keep him and hope he stays and helps us back to League One because he is a very good keeper to have for League Two.

My god that feels like a lifetime ago!

Overall Im not fussed if he stays or goes. That maybe a bit of an agenda from me because I sit in the south upper most of the time and have to admit that Oxley can really be a moaner, few times he has really bollocked our defenders when it was his fault. Just does not always seem like a ray of sunshine.

In my mind, a simple man with limited knowledge, I would say if you have an under 23 on your books at the 1st of July with more than 30 odd appearances in the first team then he should count towards the salary cap, if he isnt at the club come the first game obviously he wouldn’t count.

30 is an arbitrary number i thought off could be 50 out any number
Totally agree- my point is really in the ideal world you would like to know the rules before offering contracts, extensions, letting people go.

Totally agree- my point is really in the ideal world you would like to know the rules before offering contracts, extensions, letting people go.
Exactly and thats why i do not think they can do this for next season

Knowing the EFL though they will do what they want

I keep seeing the words “transfer embargo” popping up here and there on social media and sz, and I wasn’t sure if we are actually under an embargo. I recall seeing that Ron Martin had payed the debts and the embargo was gone. Just wanted some clarification really, anyone know?

I keep seeing the words “transfer embargo” popping up here and there on social media and sz, and I wasn’t sure if we are actually under an embargo. I recall seeing that Ron Martin had payed the debts and the embargo was gone. Just wanted some clarification really, anyone know?
We are still under one as we have not settled the HMRC

Back