• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

I know it's good to be positive but some of the views in this thread are amazing....it almost sounds like we've got a squad full of decent players coming off a great season. The reality is we started the season with a squad rammed full of expensive has-beens and donkeys. If we lost them all and started from scratch it wouldn't be a serious loss.

I'd keep Charlie Kelman, Elvis and the promising youngsters given the chance but everyone else I would have been happy to offload in November. Results have shown them to be completely unfit to wear the shirt and that applies to any football league shirt.
The notable improvements from the players that stuck around after January make me think it was nothing to do with the players being unfit to wear the shirt, it was the players being too unfit to last 90 minutes. Cox mentioned in his interview to the Daily Star that Sol made them do 3 hour training sessions, which sounds pretty standard to me for a professional side so you have to wonder how little Bond had them training.

Get rid of all the old pros. Sorry but Dieng has never looked an influential player at all, maybe im in the minority but the signing of players like him is why we are in this mess. We have some great youth players but need a couple of older heads (but better than what we have).

Spot on. Who's the woman who does the "hold it and ask if it brings you joy" thing? Apply the same process and there's about 4 or 5 of the entire team left including the kit man.

The notable improvements from the players that stuck around after January make me think it was nothing to do with the players being unfit to wear the shirt, it was the players being too unfit to last 90 minutes. Cox mentioned in his interview to the Daily Star that Sol made them do 3 hour training sessions, which sounds pretty standard to me for a professional side so you have to wonder how little Bond had them training.

"Notable improvements" but still losing every week? I'll pass thanks.......

Manton, Hyam, Theo, Milligan, goodship, Lennon all to leave.

I can see humpthry, elvis and Kelman all to leave for fees and balance the books.

I hope all 3 of the above stay.

Really impressed with some of our youngsters and I hope we become a club that promotes youth getting a chance. We have talented youth In all areas. Blend In some experience in the right areas and we could have an entertaining and competent league 2 side.

With everything that has gone on this year get rid of the remaining high earners and if anybody else wants out let them go, there is not going to be a shortage of players available in the summer.

Beginning to wish sol and co would just clear off now. Start a fresh. Theres lots of things that just dont feel right to me, i dont know any inside info. Just all feels off.

I'm not sure keeping changing managers is a good approach, we need someone to spend at least 2/3 seasons here to rebuild the squad in their image, from what I've seen Sol is as worthy as anyone of being given that opportunity. Mind you if he decides to go for whatever reason I'd like to give Fagan a go, I've got a feeling that he might just end up being the one to help us kick on

We need inspirational leadership and management at this time - some character, drive and passion. Not seen that in Sol and reports that he has had little to no contact with his players since March reinforce the sense that he is totally disengaged. This is absolutely the last thing we need right now. Get in there Ron for goodness sake and do what is necessary.....

I'm not sure keeping changing managers is a good approach, we need someone to spend at least 2/3 seasons here to rebuild the squad in their image, from what I've seen Sol is as worthy as anyone of being given that opportunity. Mind you if he decides to go for whatever reason I'd like to give Fagan a go, I've got a feeling that he might just end up being the one to help us kick on
I agree with you completely on change not always being the answer, i just cant recall a time in all my years of support that ive felt as apathetic about the management team, ive been happy or angry plenty of times! But sol and co seem to do absolutely nothing to endear themselves to the players or fans. Its not even that hard, pump your fist and say up the blues a few times... dont be cryptic, outlay a vision etc, communicate in ways that people understand. Random instagram poser haikus are just not my style.

Last edited:
Ihope Sol and team stay ,if not heidrarson (spelt wrong i know ) and the u23 coach as his assistant will be a nice fresh approach.

I can see humpthry, elvis and Kelman all to leave for fees and balance the books.

Really impressed with some of our youngsters and I hope we become a club that promotes youth getting a chance. We have talented youth In all areas. Blend In some experience in the right areas and we could have an entertaining and competent league 2 side.
Goodhsip still has a year on his deal I think, Milligan an option our side I think but for coaching the others I think are out of contract, so reckon you could be right. I think Demi will go not sur one his contract (without checking the contract post)

Elvis and Kerman could be sold but I hope not, as think they will be decent for us this coming season when it starts. Humphrys is leaving he has a clause in his contract that allows him to do so, rumour (strong rumour) is SUnderland

For my own tuppence...agree with the comments on Kelman. etc...Get rid of..Oxley, Demi, Lennon, Hyam Goodship Mantom McClaughlin, reluctantly Humphreys (he strikes me as disinterested)

Who is humpthry? The HUMPHRYS has been at the club for a year and a half now and you can’t even spell his name. Not even close! Where has the ‘they’ come from?

Who is humpthry? The HUMPHRYS has been at the club for a year and a half now and you can’t even spell his name. Not even close! Where has the ‘they’ come from?
Easy @Kimbo1961, we all mis-spell stuff at times. Do you have any views on the actual subject matter of the post?

Possibly because its a difficult name to spell at the best of times, possibly because I'm as dissenterested with him as he is with the club.

He is another Pigget(see what I did there) type player. Had a singular big moment, but was otherwise disinterested.

For my own tuppence...agree with the comments on Kelman. etc...Get rid of..Oxley, Demi, Lennon, Hyam Goodship Mantom McClaughlin, reluctantly Humphreys (he strikes me as disinterested)

This may split opinion but for me i would want both to stay. Having spoken to Macca many times he really cares about the club and is settled living where he does with a young family. For me he really has stepped up to the plate under Sol and seemed to really gel well with the younger players.

As for Goodship, he could do really well in League 2. He is a goalcsorer but he needs to be played in his right poition, up top, not out on the wing etc. He scored shed loads of goals in the Southern Prem so knows where the net is. Was always going to be a hard transition straight in to league 1, but he has played in a team void of confidence, three managers, in fighting amongst the squad, not being paid on time. Think he deserves the chance to prove himself in a more settled environment

Back