• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

I have been advised by someone close to Humprys that there is no release clause, the only clause is a relegation wage reduction

I have been told the standard relegation reduction for us is 25%....Not saying that’s all contracts But I’m guessing any big earners would have that.

And there is also the lurking threat highlighted in the Raj Parker decision at para 36 where he referred to" any case the EFL may bring in relation to March 2020".
I thought that said anything in March would be excluded from the suspended actions

This was the wording on the ruling.....

36.However, for all the reasons I have taken into account in mitigation I order that it is to be suspended for the balance of the 2019/20 season and the first six months of the new season. This means that the deduction of 3 points, which are suspended, shall only come into effect upon the Club being found to have committed (or admitted) any further breaches concerning the late payment Regulations (under Regulation 63.7 and the Youth Development Rules 285) from the date of this Award until a date 6 months in to the new season. For the avoidance of doubt any case which the EFL may bring in relation to March 2020 will not count for this purpose. The first six months of the new season will run from the date whichever League (1 or 2 it finds itself in) commences. If the Club commits a further breach in relation to these Rules and Regulations the points deduction will take immediate effect and the Club will be at risk of a further punishment for any further breach.

Last edited:
Reactions: fbm
I know this will seem like a random suggestion, what about signing Akinfenwa if he's interested, he would make an ideal foil to Kelman and Rush. I know he's getting on a bit now but so was Goater when we signed him and that turned out okay

I know this will seem like a random suggestion, what about signing Akinfenwa if he's interested, he would make an ideal foil to Kelman and Rush. I know he's getting on a bit now but so was Goater when we signed him and that turned out okay

Always wanted us to sign him, just because he loves to score against us. I would still take him now.

Would have thought he's on a very decent wage. Amazing to think he was part of that Swansea squad we had such an association with during Freddy's time here.

Whilst most players would have retired by now I think because of how he plays he could probably last a couple more years in the game. Most players retire in their mid 30s because agility and speed deteriorates around then, Akinfenwa on the other hand never had those things to begin with because of his obsession with bodybuilding, so he as long he keeps that going he can still be effective in League 2.

Whilst most players would have retired by now I think because of how he plays he could probably last a couple more years in the game. Most players retire in their mid 30s because agility and speed deteriorates around then, Akinfenwa on the other hand never had those things to begin with because of his obsession with bodybuilding, so he as long he keeps that going he can still be effective in League 2.

He was quick when he was first at Swansea. I think he would of made Championship comfortably had he not gained too much muscle mass. He didn't even go to the gym at that early stage of his career!

Just seen the clubs retaining list. What possible clause could Shaughnessy activated by playing two or so games?!

I thought that said anything in March would be excluded from the suspended actions

This was the wording on the ruling.....

36.However, for all the reasons I have taken into account in mitigation I order that it is to be suspended for the balance of the 2019/20 season and the first six months of the new season. This means that the deduction of 3 points, which are suspended, shall only come into effect upon the Club being found to have committed (or admitted) any further breaches concerning the late payment Regulations (under Regulation 63.7 and the Youth Development Rules 285) from the date of this Award until a date 6 months in to the new season. For the avoidance of doubt any case which the EFL may bring in relation to March 2020 will not count for this purpose. The first six months of the new season will run from the date whichever League (1 or 2 it finds itself in) commences. If the Club commits a further breach in relation to these Rules and Regulations the points deduction will take immediate effect and the Club will be at risk of a further punishment for any further breach.
Thanks Westcliff for setting out the wording but I was simply highlighting that there may be further trouble ahead, though I agree not so as to risk the triggering of the suspended penalty if it results from the March 2020 misdemeanor(s), whatever that/they may be.

Back