• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

So whilst we are still yet to appoint a manager and still can't bring in reinforcements.. the leagues new boys are bringing in players who by all accounts are quite highly rated talent.

Why do fans think that former premier league academy players are going to be mustard in the lower leagues?

How many ex-Man Utd academy players have we had that were utter pony?

Let's be realistic - even their first team couldn't beat us.

Dover Athletic look to be in trouble and have made all first team players available for free transfer.

Paul Rooney and Will de Havilland look like they could do us a job. They’d be free and probably cheap.

What Billericay pub do they drink in? I'll pop in and put a good word in.

Man U youth players who played for us:

Marek Szmid
Ethan Hamilton
Jemal Johnson!
Sammy McMillan
Frank Haydock
Peter Woods
Sam Hart
Luke Daniels
Peter Abbott
Shaun Goater

A mixed bag to be sure.

Why do fans think that former premier league academy players are going to be mustard in the lower leagues?

Let's be realistic - even their first team couldn't beat us.

I get what you are saying but these kids aren’t usually premier league academy players, especially at clubs like Man Utd if they didn’t have something about them. Callum Gribbin was very highly rated at one point, my old man is a Manc and is pretty clued up on their youth teams (he did rate Ethan Hamilton mind you so isn’t always right.) I’m not saying the lad is going to take the league by storm, I was merely pointing out that he is a good signing for a newly promoting team.. whilst we still have no manager and no new recruits.

Man U youth players who played for us:

Marek Szmid
Ethan Hamilton
Jemal Johnson!
Sammy McMillan
Frank Haydock
Peter Woods
Sam Hart
Luke Daniels
Peter Abbott
Shaun Goater

A mixed bag to be sure.

Did not know Goater was a Man United youth player. Also didn’t know he was Macclesfield u18 coach. Offer him Fagan’s job if he gets the first team job.

Do Hullbridge have any plans to take any of our kids on loan again this year?

I don't see why not. It will of course depend on RD and what he thinks is best for any players development.

I believe the Bridge were try to arrange a friendly v Southend but no one answered the phone.......Hullbridge had there first friendly last night.

Definitely, Palmer is a great forward for this level. We had Hemmings on trial under Sturrock I think? Or tried to and he went to Rangers...

Palmer would be a better than decent signing for L2, just one question is he the lad that mocked crawleys tracing facilities and their players?

Palmer would be a good signing, Him and Humphrys up top would scare most defenders in L2

Palmer would be a better than decent signing for L2, just one question is he the lad that mocked crawleys tracing facilities and their players?
Palmer would be a good signing, Him and Humphrys up top would scare most defenders in L2

It really hits home how low we've sunk when the prospect of Palmer coming to Roots Hall gets a few of us talking positively.
I've seen him play a number of times.
Yes he's big and awkward, but he doesn't know what he's doing half the time and is a hot head who loves a red card.

Back