• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

We are looking to re-sign Jack Bridge per CP. Puzzling move in my book.
My guess would be that he is training with us to get fit for the season and making himself available if the new manager is wanting to have a look at him. I don't know but is it likely that Jack has family base close?

Comparison of the three relegated clubs last season:

Bolton
Sacked their manager
Replaced their manager with arguably a fantastic appointment in little time
Made 12 signings, including last seasons L2 top scorer and now Ex-Prem Delfouneso
Played a friendly

Tranmere
Lost their manager
Replaced their manager in little time
Made their first signing last night, being Ex-Prem Jay Spearing

Southend
Sacked our manager
38 days later, still not close to appointing anyone
Made 0 signings
Have an embargo
Owner acting as a director of Football and signing youngsters who have left and not done much else
0 Friendlies arranged with 5 weeks until the season starts

Incredible.

Bolton
Sacked their manager
Made 12 signings, including last seasons L2 top scorer and now Ex-Prem Delfouneso
Played a friendly

Tranmere
Lost their manager

Southend
Sacked our manager
Made 0 signings
Have an embargo
Owner acting as a director of Football and signing youngsters who have left and not done much else

Incredible.

But who out of the 3 has a better kit... at least we win at something.

Bolton
Sacked their manager
Played a friendly

Tranmere
Lost their manager

Southend
Sacked our manager
Made 0 signings
Have an embargo

Incredible.

Its unbelievable really. Ron's not of fit state of mind to run a football club.

so there is now a wage cap in L1&L2, how is that going to change things? it sounds like we might get some dispensation as a relegated club to spend more so we can honour the contracts of our remaining players.

I can see it now being less likely that any of our players will leave unless it's to a championship or above club, I can also see it being very much a buyers market now with players wages getting significantly reduced

It shows why the likes of Salford and Forest Green were so keen to get their targets and business done early. They've played the salary cap very well.

It shows why the likes of Salford and Forest Green were so keen to get their targets and business done early. They've played the salary cap very well.

I'd agree with you but I've just looked at the efl website and I've got no idea how to interpret this:

"Transition arrangements have been incorporated in respect of a Club’s squad salary cap calculation with the key element of these aimed at addressing committed contracts and relegated Clubs. Any contract entered into on or prior to today’s vote will be capped at an agreed divisional average until that contract expires. Moving forwards, Clubs that are relegated will be permitted to cap all contracts at the divisional average prior to the Club’s relegation until those contracts expire."

Does that mean that any contract signed before today will be reduced to a divisional average therefore those new signings could be on less that they signed for?

It could also benefit certain players who are under 21 and therefore don’t fall within the wage cap. Clubs on or around their limit can spend extra on an u21 and not go over the limit....

I'd agree with you but I've just looked at the efl website and I've got no idea how to interpret this:

"Transition arrangements have been incorporated in respect of a Club’s squad salary cap calculation with the key element of these aimed at addressing committed contracts and relegated Clubs. Any contract entered into on or prior to today’s vote will be capped at an agreed divisional average until that contract expires. Moving forwards, Clubs that are relegated will be permitted to cap all contracts at the divisional average prior to the Club’s relegation until those contracts expire."

Does that mean that any contract signed before today will be reduced to a divisional average therefore those new signings could be on less that they signed for?
I think this is saying that they'll be paid whatever they agreed, but it'll be calculated into the salary cap at a divisional average (so they are able to overspend based on the rules due to existing contracts).

I think this is saying that they'll be paid whatever they agreed, but it'll be calculated into the salary cap at a divisional average (so they are able to overspend based on the rules due to existing contracts).

ah okay, so for us it means that even though we pay Oxley and Demi a very good wage our cap is calculated on them earning an average for L2

It could also benefit certain players who are under 21 and therefore don’t fall within the wage cap. Clubs on or around their limit can spend extra on an u21 and not go over the limit....

I was wondering how youngsters would be treated so clubs don't use this as an excuse to cut youth academies etc.

Do you have a link to the small print?

I don’t unfortunately but personally I think this is a bad thing for leagues 1 and 2 and possibly their ability to hold on to their young talents.

Back