• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

I'd like to see the details on the U21 thing as there isn't much on the EFL website, it would be strange for squad morale for for players having to take a wage cut once their U21 contract expires.

one things for sure there will be a LOT of worried out of contract players out there, I'm suddenly not so worried about having not made any signings yet

I'd like to see the details on the U21 thing as there isn't much on the EFL website, it would be strange for squad morale for for players having to take a wage cut once their U21 contract expires.

one things for sure there will be a LOT of worried out of contract players out there, I'm suddenly not so worried about having not made any signings yet
PFA have said it is unlawful and unenforceable, have sent a letter re notification of arbitration to the EFL

PFA have said it is unlawful and unenforceable, have sent a letter re notification of arbitration to the EFL

I'd have expected them to nothing different, the problem I can see for the PFA is that the EFL can set the rules for their own competitions so unless the PFA advise their members not to partake in the EFL competitions I'm not sure what they can actually do about it

I'd have expected them to nothing different, the problem I can see for the PFA is that the EFL can set the rules for their own competitions so unless the PFA advise their members not to partake in the EFL competitions I'm not sure what they can actually do about it
Ah they have an agreement that they are allowed to and are entitled to be in discussions that affect their members, EFL agreed to this apparently.

I expected them to kick up a fuss, not a fan of the PFA and while Taylor is in charge and there is no change my views wont change.

The rules for their competition are still subject to English law.

there is a precedent for budget caps in english sport though, Rugby has one and F1 is set to introduce one (although I believe they operate under french law), so a salary cap in itself will isn't unlawful.

the thing that should be challenged is the timing of it along with it not being fairly applied ie teams being able to exceed the budget if they signed the players last week, one things for sure there will be some very rich lawyers after the dust settles

there is a precedent for budget caps in english sport though, Rugby has one and F1 is set to introduce one (although I believe they operate under french law), so a salary cap in itself will isn't unlawful.

the thing that should be challenged is the timing of it along with it not being fairly applied ie teams being able to exceed the budget if they signed the players last week, one things for sure there will be some very rich lawyers after the dust settles

Football clubs are businesses, they should not be running at a continuous loss and therefore insolvent. It’s the right decision, there will always be winners and losers, over a couple of seasons it will balance itself out. The biggest problem will be relegated championship clubs

Palmer has joined AFC Wimbledon

I will be intrigued to see how he gets on in League One. A few people questioned his ability when we were rumoured to be interested in him last season.

Got to be Kelman hasn’t it? Perhaps this is what Ron was waiting for... a payday to sort out HMRC and cover the compo costs for whoever he’s planning to appoint to the top job and his support team.

If it is Brentford for Kelman, I hope Ron learns his lesson from Dru that if Brentford do a deal, the price is too low.

Back