• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

?

We literally sold a 13 year old for a deal worth £250,000. If we sold Kelman for the same I would be bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

The clue is in the title mate!

“could rise to.....”

That will depend on progression and fulfilment of potential.

Charlies would be no different.

Would you be happier if it said the fee said “Could rise to £850,000?

Based on 20% of future sale which could then be (if he fulfills potential) £3mill?

£250,000 down now and 20% sell on and/or another £100,000 when he’s had 20 championship appearances......etc etc etc

The clue is in the title mate!

“could rise to.....”

That will depend on progression and fulfilment of potential.

Charlies would be no different.

Would you be happier if it said the fee said “Could rise to £850,000?

Based on 20% of future sale which could then be (if he fulfills potential) £3mill?

£250,000 down now and 20% sell on and/or another £100,000 when he’s had 20 championship appearances......etc etc etc

Given our current climate. I'd rather the club got no sell on and just took the 800k to get us out of the embargo.

I don’t get all these people saying Charlie is worth £250k. If you think Hutchinson is worth £100k then Kelman is worth a small fortune more than that.

17/18 year old with incredible potential, good performances and scored goals at League One level. The money that players go for nowadays, especially homegrown players, is madness.

For me, we shouldn’t be looking at a penny less than £1m for Kelman and even then I think that’s a crap deal for us.
totally agree

Given our current climate. I'd rather the club got no sell on and just took the 800k to get us out of the embargo.
Personally i cant see us getting more than 600k in a straight cash deal, even then i reckon it would be paid in instalments as most deals are there days

Kelman - £300k
Humphrys £100-150k
Elvis £100k

Is what we are likely to get. Plus with Humphrys we have to give 30% to Fulham.

up front fees I’d say more like :-

kelman - £200-250k
Humph - £200k
Elvis - £150-200k

Kelmans sell on may counter Humphrys.

up front fees I’d say more like :-

kelman - £200-250k
Humph - £200k
Elvis - £150-200k

Kelmans sell on may counter Humphrys.

If Kelman was seriously only worth £200k then why wouldn’t every decent club in the country be lining up to take a punt on him? £200k to the riches of the premier league and a lot of Championship or overseas clubs is peanuts.

Kane Ferdinand went for an initial £200k. Femi Orenuga went for an initial £40k after one game. If Ron seriously took £250k for Kelman and £150k for Elvis then I would despair at this club. That’s terrible, terrible business for us and we’d basically paint a target on our backs to have the **** taken out of us for years to come.

If Kelman was seriously only worth £200k then why wouldn’t every decent club in the country be lining up to take a punt on him? £200k to the riches of the premier league and a lot of Championship or overseas clubs is peanuts.

Kane Ferdinand went for an initial £200k. Femi Orenuga went for an initial £40k after one game. If Ron seriously took £250k for Kelman and £150k for Elvis then I would despair at this club. That’s terrible, terrible business for us and we’d basically paint a target on our backs to have the **** taken out of us for years to come.

Sadly though, that’s how it is with us lower league clubs.

Remember when Barny went to Saints for £150k, when they’d also just paid £1m for Ricky Lambert?

Ron got an absolute caning over that, but that’s just the way it is. Maybe if Barny had a few years left on his deal, and we were better financially, we’d have held out for a lot more.

The same applies here. We’re skint, and in desperate need for funds, and other clubs know that, so they know they can mug us off a bit.

I’ve done this before on another thread but I can’t remember which one.....the big boys don’t need to come and spend money on an 18 year old who needs serious work to play at the top level when they have players in their own 23s that can’t get in the team now but are scattered around the championship on loan....

you need to think about the players that are on or around Charlie’s age at the big clubs...

Greenwood - Man U
Saka - Arsenal
Parrot - Spurs (Loan to Millwall)
Brewster - Liverpool (loan to Swansea)
Anjorin - Chelsea (just signed 5 year deal worth 20 million!)

Honestly the list is endless with these players. These clubs are overrun with talent that they can’t give games to they arent going to splash out for someone other than an absolute world talent, which with all die respect Charlie isnt.

They may take a punt for a a couple of hundred with some add ons but not big money.

Reactions: GBJ

Because he wouldn't get in many, if any, of the decent clubs in the country. The premier league produces 100's of millionaires every year who don't make it onto the pitch, they won't feel they are missing out on a bargain, they simply won't feel they are missing out. I'm sure if you look on the forums of loads of clubs at our level there will be similar stories of players being worth more in the fans opinions.

I do get what everyone is saying, but Yearwood went for £500k. He was immense in the last part of the season under Powell and never replicated that. Why is Charlie worth half, or less than half of that? I get that we’re skint and that prem clubs have good talent, but I really don‘t think I’m going to be convinced that he’s worth £200-250k. That’s really terrible business to me.

Dru had 60/70 games under his belt. Most or many of them as starts?

That alone will add value simply on the basis that it’s a larger / longer sample time of his abilities. More allowance shown for poor form and a more level analysis of his base line performance.

I know there’s a feeling that forwards go for the most money (I think that’s changing and the creators are fast becoming more valuable - Hazard / DeBruyne / Foden / Sancho etc) but that’s generally only the case for older more consistent and more proven goal scorers. Ones who have shown they can overcome poor form and continue to find the net.

I’m not suggesting Charlie can’t or won’t but the fact is it remains to be seen.

Taking it to an extreme if some scores 1 in 1 game their goal ratio of 1 is t reflective or realistic. Again I’m not saying Charlie can’t or won’t but in football terms he’s scored a small amount of goals in a short space of time. The gamble for clubs is to work out how capable he is of sustaining that or improving on it a league or two higher. Does he have that quality?

Has anyone considered the fact there may be breaches in players contracts through not being paid on time (or even at all...) meaning they could leave for free? Similar to the Mac lads who “joined us”

I do get what everyone is saying, but Yearwood went for £500k. He was immense in the last part of the season under Powell and never replicated that. Why is Charlie worth half, or less than half of that? I get that we’re skint and that prem clubs have good talent, but I really don‘t think I’m going to be convinced that he’s worth £200-250k. That’s really terrible business to me.
Not to be rude but have you looked at the news since Yearwood left, the world is basically on fire comparatively, you literally can't compare the two things, the market has fallen off a cliff and kept descending.

I agree but a few factors, particularly looking at Kelman.

1) The current climate means even big clubs are cutting back and punts on League 2 teenagers might be one of the first things to go given how many don’t come off.

2) Clubs know we’re under an embargo and desperate for cash so can get away with a lower offer.

3) If he does go to Swansea and their intention is to immediately loan him out to Dallas, how much are they willing to pay up front? Their biggest transfer fee last summer was £500,000 with add-ons potentially taking it to £1m, so they don’t spend big like some Championship clubs.

4) He’s only got 12 months left on his contract and can walk for a tribunal fee next summer which generally tends to favour the bigger clubs when there isn’t an agreement.

I’d try to keep hold of him in the hope of selling him at a big price next summer after a good season and helping us out in the process, but the finances will make the decision for Ron I imagine.

Not to be rude but have you looked at the news since Yearwood left, the world is basically on fire comparatively, you literally can't compare the two things, the market has fallen off a cliff and kept descending.

He’s literally just been sold for £1.5 million for not really featuring for Brentford

Back