• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

He’s literally just been sold for £1.5 million for not really featuring for Brentford
A club who were one game away from being in the Premier League and have a swanky new stadium to play in next season. Great business on their part but they've added value and don't have the same financial issues.

A club who were one game away from being in the Premier League and have a swanky new stadium to play in next season. Great business on their part but they've added value and don't have the same financial issues.
If thats Dru who just been sold for 1.5 million do Southend get anything from it from add ons

Some of you may think the world has fallen off a cliff but the rules on under 24's have not changed this summer. The protection wasn't in place when Barnard left but it is now so you can't compare.

There are set guidelines....Number of years at club, appearances, goals and how much has been offered previously. If a club wants him now they will have to offer more than the guidelines not less. The fact is you cant say yes were are a Championship club we want Kelman but we don't actually rate him because we have lads of our own and you are in no position to say no......Thats why the scheme was brought in.....To stop that nonsense

Even PB was impressed with Rons dealings with offers for Lenny that were not of the right value and lets remember he could walk away for nothing where as Charlie can't

Nothing is certain in football, or as we have all learnt in the last 6 months, even life in 2020........That is apart from Ron. You lot have all been round long enough to know for a fact you should never underestimate Ron when it comes pounds shillings and pence....He takes them from you....You don't take them from him

Some fans are once again worrying about Harry being involved......I'm not, I worry for Harry. If those two went dog walking together Harry would come back minus his dog..

Guess what...Right now thats a good thing

Last edited:
Some of you mat think the world has fallen off a cliff but the rules on under 24's have not changed this summer. The protection wasn't in place when Barnard left but it is now so you can't compare.

There are set guidelines....Number of years at club, appearances, goals and how much has been offered previously. If a club wants him now they will have to offer more than the guidelines not less. The fact is you cant say yes were are a Championship club we want Kelman but we don't actually rate him because we have lads of our own and you are in no position to say no......Thats why the scheme was brought in.....To stop that nonsense

Even PB was impressed with Rons dealings with offers for Lenny that were not of the right value and lets remember he could walk away for nothing where as Charlie can't

Nothing is certain in football, or as we have all learnt in the last 6 months, even life in 2020........That is apart from Ron. You lot have all been round long enough to know for a fact you should never underestimate Ron when it comes pounds shillings and pence.

Some of you are once again worrying about Harry being involved......I'm not, I worry for Harry. If those two went dog walking together Harry would come back minus his dog..

Guess what...Right now thats a good thing

rigsby, you make some great points. I would be interested in your take why the Chairman is prepared to bring in quite an expensive managerial team headed by Mark Molesley when the club has been embargoed for 8 months for struggling to pay its bills and wages. To be sure, Molesley comes across as an exceptionally promising manager who knows his way around the non-league scene, but it is hard to see how this substantial influx of new staff is going to be financed.

rigsby, you make some great points. I would be interested in your take why the Chairman is prepared to bring in quite an expensive managerial team headed by Mark Molesley when the club has been embargoed for 8 months for struggling to pay its bills and wages. To be sure, Molesley comes across as an exceptionally promising manager who knows his way around the non-league scene, but it is hard to see how this substantial influx of new staff is going to be financed.
Probably other staff going out??

I did half answer that on another thread, Ron might not have a choice.

Besides many on here said we need to bin everyone and start again. Perhaps Ron has listened to the fans?

As for finances. New stadium could get a yes from the council, RH already has a yes and council involvement. We get Harry involved or go Dutch.......After all fans just want Ron gone so they cant moan when he sells it to whoever he chooses.

Last edited:
I did half answer that on another thread, Ron might not have a choice.

Besides many on here said we need to bin everyone and start again. Perhaps Ron has listened to the fans?

As for finances. New stadium could get ayes from the council, RH already has a yes and council involvement. We get Harry involved or go Dutch.......After all fans just want Ron gone so they cant moan when he sells it to whoever he chooses.

Thanks for your response. Fingers crossed for the new stadium, but somehow I do not think the Chairman will be in a hurry to sell even if that project gets the green light.

Thanks for your response. Fingers crossed for the new stadium, but somehow I do not think the Chairman will be in a hurry to sell even if that project gets the green light.

I'm not so sure, even Ron has had enough. The Larrson involvement hinted at this only last year.

I'm not so sure, even Ron has had enough. The Larrson involvement hinted at this only last year.
If when we see who the 6 are, and where they come from, the hand of Harry is even suspected then I expect a very long thread about if we will be the lower league club Harry has set his heart on..

Perhaps we can overcome the financial fair play rules and potential salary cap by choosing to pay people in Jam Roly Poly's rather than the conventional cash option.

Ron can thank me later

If when we see who the 6 are, and where they come from, the hand of Harry is even suspected then I expect a very long thread about if we will be the lower league club Harry has set his heart on..
Of course we could be completely barking up the wrong tree here - Harry did say he would consider non-league too. Maybe he has his eyes set on Weymouth and he needs Molesley and Co. out the way so he can install Kevin Bond as their new manager!

Back