• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Perhaps Ron knows he has money coming soon and was hoping to spend his way back to L1......Certainly once a stadium is being built, without a wage cap Ron could spend in advance like Brentford in order to get to the Championship....Knowing pay day is round the corner.

From there is not to far out to assume the club would be more attractive to say a Dutch consortium if they can spend rather than graft their way up the leagues. Just like the Ruskies did at Bournemouth.

I don't see any other reason why Ron would not agree to a wage cap.

Exactly my thinking too.

So still no manager. No signings. No season cards available or fixtures and crowds etc.

Yet other clubs are signing players. Playing friendlies and selling season cards.

The new kit is the bollocks though

...with no date to buy it. Find that so odd. "PRE ORDER TODAY!!!!!!" yay great.... when do I get it?

...with no date to buy it. Find that so odd. "PRE ORDER TODAY!!!!!!" yay great.... when do I get it?

Please be advised that this is a pre-order item and will be available the week commencing 07/09/20. All items purchased alongside a pre-order item will be fulfilled together.

Its very clearly displayed when you click on items and on the check out page.

Please be advised that this is a pre-order item and will be available the week commencing 07/09/20. All items purchased alongside a pre-order item will be fulfilled together.

Its very clearly displayed when you click on items and on the check out page.

Well... it wasn't the other day when it launched!

Has this been the quietest summer for transfer rumours ever? It must be... Can’t see anything happening for a while - Ron won’t pay HMRC until the last possible moment. There must be a plan for that, but how that tallies with bringing in the 4 or 5 senior pros Ron mentioned the other day who knows. As ever our signings will be like supermarket parking spaces: all the good ones are taken and the ones that are left are all disabled. Apologies, that’s not very PC but you know what I mean!

Could players not be bought in, paid?
But not registered until umbongo is sorted?
I presume the 2 Macc lads would have been our employees but not eligible to play for the time they were here? Are they still here?

See Simon Francis has been released ,35 now could he bring the experience needed for the youngsters .....come a long way since his young days with us .Could we even afford him!

Trent Sainsbury Australian international centre back ,just left Maccabai Haife looking for a club.Dot know if we can afford him but would do a top job for us if possible

Could players not be bought in, paid?
But not registered until umbongo is sorted?
I presume the 2 Macc lads would have been our employees but not eligible to play for the time they were here? Are they still here?
I believe you can sign players but cannot register the contracts under an embargo. Why you would iN the current situation I dont know, less income and then more outgoings would seem pointless

I believe you can sign players but cannot register the contracts under an embargo. Why you would iN the current situation I dont know, less income and then more outgoings would seem pointless
If the signing but not registered happened those players would be doing the pre season stuff and be ready when RM pays off the Bill's and umbongo lifted?

If the signing but not registered happened those players would be doing the pre season stuff and be ready when RM pays off the Bill's and umbongo lifted?
Just saying you can sign but not register under an embargo as we did with the 2 ex Macc lads. Maybe they only signed till the end of the season, i am not in the know re Southend so do not know the specifics on who and who hasnt signed or been at training

Just saying you can sign but not register under an embargo as we did with the 2 ex Macc lads. Maybe they only signed till the end of the season, i am not in the know re Southend so do not know the specifics on who and who hasnt signed or been at training

That seems likely doesn’t it - they must have had contracts to the end of the season (probably 30 June). Ah well, if MM wants them then no doubt we would make them an offer but he may have other targets anyway.

Don't forget that the transfer window is open longer this season, that combined with the wage cap and the large number of players without a club will make picking up cheap signings late in the window Rons favoured approach. We won't be the only ones doing this either, players will also be reluctant to leave clubs as any new contract is likely to be on lesser terms.

Don't forget that the transfer window is open longer this season, that combined with the wage cap and the large number of players without a club will make picking up cheap signings late in the window Rons favoured approach. We won't be the only ones doing this either, players will also be reluctant to leave clubs as any new contract is likely to be on lesser terms.
Your latter point is the important one. There will be fewer outs than people may suspect and so the room for ins will be less. With the embargo retaining who we have becomes more likely. And those here under contract from last year only count towards the cap at the average L2 wage for the cap. Making replacing whilst not weakening the squad also hard.

A lot will depend on MM and his assessment of certain squad members.

Back