• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

well I think its already been stated on here, on a previous post that RM has the funds now, and the debt will be cleared on his return from vacation next week? I assumed that was now a given, hence we are negotiating with numerous targets, and hence why some players haven't been given squad numbers yet but are still at the club? I would assume the embargo being lifted is imminent

Also with players being signed and sold whilst RM is on holiday, I wonder if the mystical Chief Exec is already in place ??

well I think its already been stated on here, on a previous post that RM has the funds now, and the debt will be cleared on his return from vacation next week? I assumed that was now a given, hence we are negotiating with numerous targets, and hence why some players haven't been given squad numbers yet but are still at the club? I would assume the embargo being lifted is imminent

Also with players being signed and sold whilst RM is on holiday, I wonder if the mystical Chief Exec is already in place ??

Pre-season optimism is in full swing!

I've no doubt that we are making plans for when the embargo is lifted but we did that in January and never got round to registering the Macc duo.

We'll be allowed an extra player once the Humprhys transfer goes through so I would expect a new signing soon.

The embargo could be lifted imminently but then I wouldn't be surprised if the HMRC hearing is adjourned again and it drags on more either.

I'm optimistic on the MM front, but when it comes to Ron I find it better to believe it when i see it.

I see a lot of positivity on here at a time when I personally don't see much to be positive about. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see and I sincerely hope I'm able to come on here in a few months and admit I was wrong but I really do think we're in for a long, hard season similar to last year. It's a good thing only two go down because it'll give us a fighting chance but I'm personally more concerned now than I was when Sturrock walked into the club 10 years ago. The embargo needs sorting and quickly because without experience we're highly likely to be in trouble.

Like I said, hope I'm wrong - I really do. Wishing MM and the boys all the very best for the big KO tomorrow.

I see a lot of positivity on here at a time when I personally don't see much to be positive about. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see and I sincerely hope I'm able to come on here in a few months and admit I was wrong but I really do think we're in for a long, hard season similar to last year. It's a good thing only two go down because it'll give us a fighting chance but I'm personally more concerned now than I was when Sturrock walked into the club 10 years ago. The embargo needs sorting and quickly because without experience we're highly likely to be in trouble.

Like I said, hope I'm wrong - I really do. Wishing MM and the boys all the very best for the big KO tomorrow.
I am like you in seeing that the season will be a struggle to get wins, draws may be more common.
However I am also optimistic in that some of the issues have been sorted, bad apples gone etc, wages evened up, new fresh management.
I hope for mid table and then build from that; which, is just like I hoped up Mr Sturrock.

I am like you in seeing that the season will be a struggle to get wins, draws may be more common.
However I am also optimistic in that some of the issues have been sorted, bad apples gone etc, wages evened up, new fresh management.
I hope for mid table and then build from that; which, is just like I hoped up Mr Sturrock.

If I was offered even lower mid-table now I'd snap your hand off but again I like the optimism. Fingers crossed. :LoyalSupporter:

Would be pretty pleased with him. Seen him play before and has a great turn of pace. Don't think he'll be a prolific scorer but thats what Charlie and Brandon are doing this year!!

So
Pre-season optimism is in full swing!

I've no doubt that we are making plans for when the embargo is lifted but we did that in January and never got round to registering the Macc duo.

We'll be allowed an extra player once the Humprhys transfer goes through so I would expect a new signing soon.

The embargo could be lifted imminently but then I wouldn't be surprised if the HMRC hearing is adjourned again and it drags on more either.

I'm optimistic on the MM front, but when it comes to Ron I find it better to believe it when i see it.
sorry who’s your first comment aimed at? Myself or MM.... I thought my post was very level

How was non league Jonny?...Did a spell there do you any good as a club or would you have rather struggled in the league and not experienced it

It was one of the catalysts for He Who Shall Not Be Named leaving, if only because the threat/inevitability of relegation to non-league finally woke the ‘support the club at all costs’ idiots out of their happy clappy idiocy and we started taking direct action.

Football was a little poorer, away attendances a little smaller, reffing a whole heap worse but it was still Orient. All worth it for how well we’ve come out the other side. Not much difference being crap in division 5 to being crap in division 4 when all’s said and done.

Last edited:
So

sorry who’s your first comment aimed at? Myself or MM.... I thought my post was very level

I'm just deeply cynical. The stuff about a new CEO - that's a totally reasonable conclusion to draw but like diggers at Fossetts and Ron paying when he says he'll pay, I'll only believe it when I see it.

Would be pleased with this if true. Looks like he’s got plenty of pace and power, but the composure and technique on some of his finishing is incredible.

From memory he’s a scorer of great goals, but not a great goalscorer. Loves an overhead kick, but no nose for the tap-ins that actually get you 15 a season. As an objective observer, I don’t mind the signing for you at all.

From memory he’s a scorer of great goals, but not a great goalscorer. Loves an overhead kick, but no nose for the tap-ins that actually get you 15 a season. As an objective observer, I don’t mind the signing for you at all.

Kelman and Goodship are both pretty good finishers so I wouldn’t be against us signing someone to do the running and hard work to create the space for them. Exactly why I was disappointed we let Theo go, but think that may have been more to do with him wanting to go.

Kelman and Goodship are both pretty good finishers so I wouldn’t be against us signing someone to do the running and hard work to create the space for them. Exactly why I was disappointed we let Theo go, but think that may have been more to do with him wanting to go.

He’s not as quick or as willing a channel runner as Robinson, but he’s got a bit more technical ability and he’s certainly better in the air. He’ll need a fair bit of refinement, butI think he could eventually be a similar sort of standard to Wayne Gray. It’s a pretty good signing IMHO.

I'm happy going on today, just feel like the effort levels will be higher this year than last (cue, they couldn't be any lower banter) and that's a good place to start!

Back