• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Would have him back in a flash, just the sort of player we need.
It’s easy to say about any ex player “let’s have him back” but this one I feel would be a positive move if it can be done. He’s just what we need, a year long deal, don’t think he’d want fortunes .. it’s what we’re crying out for and he knows the area/the club/Ron. Whether he’d come back is debatable.

It’s easy to say about any ex player “let’s have him back” but this one I feel would be a positive move if it can be done. He’s just what we need, a year long deal, don’t think he’d want fortunes .. it’s what we’re crying out for and he knows the area/the club/Ron. Whether he’d come back is debatable.

Plus he’s established himself as a bit of a utility man. He’s played left back, right back, central midfielder and on the wings by the sounds of it. Think he’d be a great signing.

What a depressing state we are in when a journeyman player discarded by Division Two clubs gets a thumbs up from fans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though!
I see a lot of people talking like this, as if we are better than these players. I think we need to face the facts.

We are in a dire situation, our club is possibly the most tinpot out of all the EFL's 72 members.

We aren't top half League One anymore... League Two journeymen are the best we can get at the moment.

I see a lot of people talking like this, as if we are better than these players. I think we need to face the facts.

We are in a dire situation, our club is possibly the most tinpot out of all the EFL's 72 members.

We aren't top half League One anymore... League Two journeymen are the best we can get at the moment.

Ron expects us to be challenging for promotion this year

What a depressing state we are in when a journeyman player discarded by Division Two clubs gets a thumbs up from fans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though!
Totally agree. I just hope those who desperately want Atko back will be able to accept that the player who left three years ago won't be that player anymore.

It seems that everyone is expecting the transfer activity tomorrow is incoming.......
Could it be outgoing to allow Akinola and Rush to be added to the 23?
Just a thought, other opinions are readily available ?

Plus he’s established himself as a bit of a utility man. He’s played left back, right back, central midfielder and on the wings by the sounds of it. Think he’d be a great signing.

This is a good point. If we're bringing him in as an experienced player who'll sit on the bench and cover full-back, both wings and centre-mid that drastically improves the depth of the squad and when operating with a limited squad maybe allows us to target some impact signings rather than worrying about the lack of depth.

I was initially concerned about how little he's played since turning 30 but he's basically been an unused sub loads. Over the last 3 years he's been in the squad all but 8 matches. That's the type of availability you need when operating with a small squad. I can actually see this making sense as a signing, even if I wasn't his biggest fan.

Without in any way wishing to denigrate either Atkinson or McCormack I would say that provided they can avoid injury:
(a) they are both better than our other present options;
(b) we need a lot more than them if we are to hope to stay up.
Both signings smack of insufficient funds being available to do any better.
Desperate?
In a word.....yes!

Without in any way wishing to denigrate either Atkinson or McCormack I would say that provided they can avoid injury:
(a) they are both better than our other present options;
(b) we need a lot more than them if we are to hope to stay up.
Both signings smack of insufficient funds being available to do any better.
Desperate?
In a word.....yes!

Exactly this. They aren't the answer but I'd rather the likes of McCormack and Atkinson digging deep away at FGR than the youngsters.

Both of those players are emotionally invested in the club and both will work their nuts off to get results. That is what this club needs right now.

Exactly this. They aren't the answer but I'd rather the likes of McCormack and Atkinson digging deep away at FGR than the youngsters.

Both of those players are emotionally invested in the club and both will work their nuts off to get results. That is what this club needs right now.
Agree- the characters of these two players is know and it rebalances the mix between young and experienced. We don’t want to go far but it needs to be balanced to build the mentality and fight we need.

Back