• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Hutchinson is on his way out, heard it here first
Shame if true. Maybe it’s the half-glass-full in me but he’s our most technically gifted player and is not being used effectively.

Didn’t MM play him as a number 10 in pre-season? He did well there so I’ve heard and I’ve always thought he would be ideal in that role as a link man further forward.

You could tell Hamilton was a decent player though. Just not utilised well for us. Think he's at Peterborough now and they are no mugs.
Your probably right but as I was saying it was a transfer that didn’t work out for us, hence why I listed him. Not all transfers work out

Shame if true. Maybe it’s the half-glass-full in me but he’s our most technically gifted player and is not being used effectively.

Didn’t MM play him as a number 10 in pre-season? He did well there so I’ve heard and I’ve always thought he would be ideal in that role as a link man further forward.
Like Jack Payne- great potential if he fits in with how you want to play. So will probably be a good move for player and club.

I liked him also as I always felt he had a degree of 'x' factor about him. I believe that he could be very effective with the right players around him. I also thought he might have been a very decent sub as his attacking skills and flair might have been seen to best advantage when the opposition was tiring and/or chasing the game..
I suppose he really does not fit in our present set up as his team mates do have enough collectively about them to compensate for his shortcomings.
I have no idea about his attitude, commitment, and how much of a 'team man' he is. It may be that some of these factors may also be a consideration.
I will be sorry if he does go but good managers make the tough decisions, and, usually, the right ones. We have to place our trust in MM as he is the one trying to somehow fashion some kind of team from what is available to him.

You could tell Hamilton was a decent player though. Just not utilised well for us. Think he's at Peterborough now and they are no mugs.

He is at Peterborough but they've dropped him after their first league game.

I thought he was way out of his depth last year and chasing shadows.

As for Hutchinson, I rate him but if Molesley is wedded to 4-4-2 I don't see where he fits in plus we all know we need the money. A move seems to suit all parties.

He's been one of the biggest disappointments for me this season but that says more about how highly I rate him. I wonder if those so critical of his heading ability (he's a midfielder FFS) will be saying that when they're watching him on the EFL show pinging in goals from 30 yards in a few years time.

Finally, what a pleasant change it makes to be receiving transfer fees instead of having to pay-off contracts. That income is vital in keeping our club going. Having received no money from anyone signed 2013-17 - instead we had to pay to get rid of them - that's now 3 players we signed in the summer of 2018/Jan 2019 that we've turned a profit on. That's what our club needs to do. I'm glad Powell (and this one was more Duncan) realised that and hope MM does too.

Think Hutchinson will probably be good all round. With the squad limits we really need the right players in for the battle at hand and I suspect someone else may better fill a need atm. I also think Hutch could flourish in a different set up which could suit us in £ terms too. I’m surprised at some of the comments about our new signings. Why does anyone think that a Taylor Moore would come to a club at the bottom of League 2? We were League 1 when he came to us. When MM came there was lots of excitement on here. I think he has lots of credit in the bank still and I’m prepared to believe that he’ll bring the right people in bearing in mind how unattractive a proposition we are at present.

Last edited:
With Macca back in the fold, should we have a word with Gosport and bring Nicky Bailey back into the football league, reconstituting one of the best central midfield partnerships we've had in the last 20 years? Or does he have one of those deals like Mike Marsh where he's prohibited from league football due to an insurance payout?

With Macca back in the fold, should we have a word with Gosport and bring Nicky Bailey back into the football league, reconstituting one of the best central midfield partnerships we've had in the last 20 years? Or does he have one of those deals like Mike Marsh where he's prohibited from league football due to an insurance payout?
Yes its call old age pension.

Back