• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

If John White is our back-up at right-back I can see why MM would want to sign one.

When not injured he's strictly a centre-back these days (and I'm not convinced he'll be in MM's plans for long at centre-back either).

John was never a very quick player, he had just about enough pace to cope when he was younger but now as you say central defence is his position. He would never cope with some of these young speedy wingers these days!

John was never a very quick player, he had just about enough pace to cope when he was younger but now as you say central defence is his position. He would never cope with some of these young speedy wingers these days!

Whilst that is true, he is vastly experienced and his positioning in that position is very good. He is also quite physically strong. Put the two together and he can cope with most.

He’s a promising youngster but his attitude has been questioned No idea whether or not that’s fair. Jonny Stokes may know.

He’s competing for the right back berth with Sam Ling so it’s a bit tricky.

Shoul be a decent cheap replacement if Elvis is off but, like most of our team, still has a lot to learn.
I’ve heard from a good source that Elvis is desperately keen to get away.

That might explain why his enthusiasm appears to have been dampened this season.

I suspect that all of the traumas of 2020 have had an enormous impact upon everyone at SUFC.

If John White is our back-up at right-back I can see why MM would want to sign one.

When not injured he's strictly a centre-back these days (and I'm not convinced he'll be in MM's plans for long at centre-back either).

We have only offered him a 3 month contract anyway, which I guess was based on injuries and availability. He's not made the best start to the season in that respect and his age is against him.

That’s been mentioned a number of times for a while now. That was the case pre Molesley!

That’s been mentioned a number of times for a while now. That was the case pre Molesley!

If true, atleast he has stuck around and put a shift in.

Honestly there is no bitterness from me towards players who genuinely want to play at a better level. Aslong as they wear the shirt with pride while they are here.

Unlike Kelman, that lad has disrespected the club and the fans in my opinion.

Unlike Kelman, that lad has disrespected the club and the fans in my opinion.
Kelman had other options, including from the premier league, before he signed his pro contract with us. He showed a deal of loyalty then.
Roll forward 18 months and he has a couple of bad games in an awful team playing pretty much as a lone striker. Maybe it’s our supporters disrespecting him?

Kelman had other options, including from the premier league, before he signed his pro contract with us. He showed a deal of loyalty then.
Roll forward 18 months and he has a couple of bad games in an awful team playing pretty much as a lone striker. Maybe it’s our supporters disrespecting him?

I agree; it's only been this season Kelman's performance has dropped (and what, 3 games!), so we can't say for sure it's out of disrespect.

I think people forget he's only 18; so maybe the speculation had affected his game.

Today's prediction - CK off to QPR and a striker coming in before tomorrow's deadline. Possibly even from QPR?

Back