• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Today's prediction - CK off to QPR and a striker coming in before tomorrow's deadline. Possibly even from QPR?
That's a good call re: QPR

Someone like Aramide Oteh would fit the bill very nicely, 1 appearance in the EFL cup for them the season, a couple of matches as an unused sub and must have been pushed down the pecking order now Bonne has arrived as well as Chris Willock.

Had some time on loan at Walsall and Bradford so knows the lower leagues. 22 years old, decent size (6'1" allegedly). If MM likes the look of him and Ron can get him included in the deal (season long loan?) then would be decent bit of business.

Kelman had other options, including from the premier league, before he signed his pro contract with us. He showed a deal of loyalty then.
Roll forward 18 months and he has a couple of bad games in an awful team playing pretty much as a lone striker. Maybe it’s our supporters disrespecting him?

As I said, no problem with players wanting to play higher levels, I get that ... I don't think I would want to play for Southend currently either ... and he proved last season he was too good to come down with us, same as Humphrys

But refusing to play ? come off it. You wanna be a pro ? act like a pro. Tell the world you want to leave, put in a transfer request all things he has every right to do.

I wish him all the best, but he's left us on the worst terms i've seen from a Southend player in a long time.

This utter rubbish that seems to have grown legs and run around the rumour mill among a certain portion of the fan base that CK has refused to play or train or has in some way shown disrespect to SUFC.....HAS TO STOP!!!!! It’s based on nothing but uneducated, ill-informed opinion and it’s damaging to and unfair on the player

We are in a financial mess. We have no money, no fans at games and are under embargo due to an awful lot of owed money!

We are hamstrung by a squad size that means the new manager is limited on how he can put his own stamp on a side that has spent the best part of three seasons losing every week.

It’s a pretty fair bet that Ron didn’t want to lose the players he has. Charlie and Isaac were both refused a move last season as Ron tried to keep what he saw as assets at the club, but you can bet you last dollar he has simply had to accept that for the club to survive, on and off the pitch, he needs to a) put together a financial plan that secure the future of the club as a business and b) a footballing plan that allows the manager to put together a squad that is suitable for him to secure FL status and stay in League 2!

I would say with a large degree of certainty that neither player anticipated leaving or asked to leave. It’s also a pretty certain bet that Ron decided that if the manager needed wiggle room and he needed finances that he had to identify personnel that would generate interest from other clubs. On assessing the realities of that situation Isaac, Elvis and Charlie would’ve been at the top of the list of players that would generate interest from clubs as players with potential to play higher despite any obvious problems they had being part of a struggling side playing in a league that is dominated by experienced hard nosed physical old pros.

This clap trap about how these players can’t possibly play higher when they are struggling to stand out in league 2 is so ridiculous it’s funny. Potential to play higher doesn’t always mean you stand out at lower levels. Sometimes the lower level is harder!! Some players attributes are far better suited to higher levels surrounded by better players and a different style of play. Some players weaknesses are ruthlessly exposed at this level but aren’t so important at a better level.

Charlie not playing while this transfer saga has dragged on will in no way whatsoever be at his request. It will have been a decision between Ron and MM based on a combination of protecting their asset from possible injury which could wreck the deal, the balance and mental condition of the existing team members who will be left once the deal goes through, the condition and focus of the (very young) player who psychologically could be all over the place AND the good will of the manager and chairman towards a young player who had the opportunity to progress his very short one time only career!!

Give it a rest with how he’s let people down, been a disgrace, handled it badly, refused to play or god knows whatever else your tiny minds decide to pin on him!!!!

This utter rubbish that seems to have grown legs and run around the rumour mill among a certain portion of the fan base that CK has refused to play or train or has in some way shown disrespect to SUFC.....HAS TO STOP!!!!! It’s based on nothing but uneducated, ill-informed opinion and it’s damaging to and unfair on the player

We are in a financial mess. We have no money, no fans at games and are under embargo due to an awful lot of owed money!

We are hamstrung by a squad size that means the new manager is limited on how he can put his own stamp on a side that has spent the best part of three seasons losing every week.

It’s a pretty fair bet that Ron didn’t want to lose the players he has. Charlie and Isaac were both refused a move last season as Ron tried to keep what he saw as assets at the club, but you can bet you last dollar he has simply had to accept that for the club to survive, on and off the pitch, he needs to a) put together a financial plan that secure the future of the club as a business and b) a footballing plan that allows the manager to put together a squad that is suitable for him to secure FL status and stay in League 2!

I would say with a large degree of certainty that neither player anticipated leaving or asked to leave. It’s also a pretty certain bet that Ron decided that if the manager needed wiggle room and he needed finances that he had to identify personnel that would generate interest from other clubs. On assessing the realities of that situation Isaac, Elvis and Charlie would’ve been at the top of the list of players that would generate interest from clubs as players with potential to play higher despite any obvious problems they had being part of a struggling side playing in a league that is dominated by experienced hard nosed physical old pros.

This clap trap about how these players can’t possibly play higher when they are struggling to stand out in league 2 is so ridiculous it’s funny. Potential to play higher doesn’t always mean you stand out at lower levels. Sometimes the lower level is harder!! Some players attributes are far better suited to higher levels surrounded by better players and a different style of play. Some players weaknesses are ruthlessly exposed at this level but aren’t so important at a better level.

Charlie not playing while this transfer saga has dragged on will in no way whatsoever be at his request. It will have been a decision between Ron and MM based on a combination of protecting their asset from possible injury which could wreck the deal, the balance and mental condition of the existing team members who will be left once the deal goes through, the condition and focus of the (very young) player who psychologically could be all over the place AND the good will of the manager and chairman towards a young player who had the opportunity to progress his very short one time only career!!

Give it a rest with how he’s let people down, been a disgrace, handled it badly, refused to play or god knows whatever else your tiny minds decide to pin on him!!!!
.......and breathe.

As I said, no problem with players wanting to play higher levels, I get that ... I don't think I would want to play for Southend currently either ... and he proved last season he was too good to come down with us, same as Humphrys

But refusing to play ? come off it. You wanna be a pro ? act like a pro. Tell the world you want to leave, put in a transfer request all things he has every right to do.

I wish him all the best, but he's left us on the worst terms i've seen from a Southend player in a long time.

How do you know he's refused to play, and that it isn't the club opting not to risk injury ahead of a potential transfer?

There's a good Essex Charity Cup interview with Kevin Bond where he singles out two players whose attitude is above and beyond anyone else in the squad. Nathan Bishop and Charlie Kelman.

I have serious doubts that he downed tools.

So registered players are now:

GK's:

Oxley, Seaden (2)

DF's:

Elvis, Ralph, Hobson, Clifford, R. Taylor, Lennon, Kyps, White (8)

MF's:

Macca, Dieng, Egbri, JD, Gard, Phillips, ANG, K. Taylor. (8)

ST's:

Akinola, Goodship, Sterling, Rush, Acquah (5)

23-Man Squad filled up. To get someone in we must offload someone

So registered players are now:

GK's:

Oxley, Seaden (2)

DF's:

Elvis, Ralph, Hobson, Clifford, R. Taylor, Lennon, Kyps, White (8)

MF's:

Macca, Dieng, Egbri, JD, Gard, Phillips, ANG, K. Taylor. (8)

ST's:

Akinola, Goodship, Sterling, Rush, Acquah (5)

23-Man Squad filled up. To get someone in we must offload someone
Are they all registered now tho eh ?

I think we have the following currently registered.

Mark Oxley GK
Harry Seaden GK

Elvis Bwomono DF
Nathan Ralph DF
Shaun Hobson DF
Tom Clifford DF
Richard Taylor DF
Harry Lennon DF
Harry Kyprianou DF
John White DF

Alan McCormack MF
Timothée Dieng MF
Terrel Egbri MF
Lewis Gard MF
Jason Demetriou MF
Harry Phillips MF
Ashley Nathaniel-George MF
Kyle Taylor MF

Simeon Akinola FW
Brandon Goodship FW
Kazaiah Sterling FW
Emile Aquah FW
Matt Rush FW
Kenny Coker FW

Which is 24 players. Does Kenny Coker take up a slot?

IIRC, Eren Kinali, Michael Klass, and Miles Mitchell-Nelson are with us but unregistered at the moment.

Akinola, Gard, McCormack, and White are injured. If they're all still out on Saturday, then we have 20 players to choose from for the day.

I think we have the following currently registered.

Mark Oxley GK
Harry Seaden GK

Elvis Bwomono DF
Nathan Ralph DF
Shaun Hobson DF
Tom Clifford DF
Richard Taylor DF
Harry Lennon DF
Harry Kyprianou DF
John White DF

Alan McCormack MF
Timothée Dieng MF
Terrel Egbri MF
Lewis Gard MF
Jason Demetriou MF
Harry Phillips MF
Ashley Nathaniel-George MF
Kyle Taylor MF

Simeon Akinola FW
Brandon Goodship FW
Kazaiah Sterling FW
Emile Aquah FW
Matt Rush FW
Kenny Coker FW

Which is 24 players. Does Kenny Coker take up a slot?

IIRC, Eren Kinali, Michael Klass, and Miles Mitchell-Nelson are with us but unregistered at the moment.

Akinola, Gard, McCormack, and White are injured. If they're all still out on Saturday, then we have 20 players to choose from for the day.

Coker doesn't take up a spot as he's not got a pro deal

It is clear the embargo rules we have been given (they are not clearly stated in the regulation for a default event) are sufficiently flexible to mean as Ron has stated we can work within it. Given the wage cap that we are well within this probably also changes the need for overly onerous additional regulation.

So probably the solution is simple - either Rush or Gard or both will simply be taken out of the first team squad of 23 and join the likes of Kinali, MMN, Klass in the U23s

It is clear the embargo rules we have been given (they are not clearly stated in the regulation for a default event) are sufficiently flexible to mean as Ron has stated we can work within it. Given the wage cap that we are well within this probably also changes the need for overly onerous additional regulation.

So probably the solution is simple - either Rush or Gard or both will simply be taken out of the first team squad of 23 and join the likes of Kinali, MMN, Klass in the U23s
Given Gard's injury, I would assume it will be him

The question is now about whether the embargo is cleared and whether we will try and sign anyone else or of this squad currently our lot?

The question is now about whether the embargo is cleared and whether we will try and sign anyone else or of this squad currently our lot?

The embargo won't be cleared yet and the window closes tomorrow. Therefore unless we make room for someone else tomorrow, we have what we have until January.

The embargo won't be cleared yet and the window closes tomorrow. Therefore unless we make room for someone else tomorrow, we have what we have until January.

Unless it's someone unattached

What about free agents? I thought we could sign those outside the transfer window?!

John White is a good sort—couldn’t he be asked to go now rather than hang on till January ?

What about free agents? I thought we could sign those outside the transfer window?!

Yes, of course. But I'm not sure about the level of fitness someone would have in November (when the embargo is likely to be lifted) and by the time they have got up to playing level, it will almost be January anyway!

Back