• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

I won’t be popular for saying this but the incredible reduction in the wage bill, no high earners on long term contracts, the raising of some funds through player transfers, the likelihood of some bail out cash from one source or other gives hope we may come through the madness with a club to support and in better shape than many with the flexibility to move forward when appropriate. We have a squad that should just survive in this league without further signings and addition to ongoing costs. Overall things could be worse.

"Its all over now baby blue" It just leaves the sad and unattached

Still we did pretty good in the circumstances. I just have to hibernate now until January.
Still think we are under par at the back and light in numbers in midfield but quite pleased with signings and we can build on that

Be interesting to see how it goes for the 8 clubs who brought in 9 or more players Grimsby can only play 5 of their 7 loanees . Bolton can only play 11 of their 16 incoming and Oldham have a new team of 12, along with Barrows 11, Morecambes 10 and Cheltenhams 10 new entrants

I’m disappointed to be honest. No replacement for green or kelman. We are short up front and in the wide areas IMO. One or two more would have made me much more confident of survival. As it is , we will be in the mix come January I’m sure. I’d be delighted to be proven wrong

I’m disappointed to be honest. No replacement for green or kelman. We are short up front and in the wide areas IMO. One or two more would have made me much more confident of survival. As it is , we will be in the mix come January I’m sure. I’d be delighted to be proven wrong

We'd have been in the mix regardless. A lot of progress has been made but we still have a very tough season ahead. MM has somehow crafted a side that has the potential to be lower mid table at best, but no more than that. And that is a significant achievement from where we were.

It would not surprise me if MM and his team have got two or three lined up, and were waiting for the window to close so that the wage demands would soften a smidge.

Harsh I know, but reality I’m afraid.
Would wage demands soften for out of contract players because of the window? I would have thought the opposite as options are reduced

Back