• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

greyerfox

First XI
CP has tweeted details of sums paid in Div 1 and Blues are fourth highest @226k behind Blackburn, Wigan and Charlton. Interesting to see the huge disparity in sums paid. Good value for money for our opponents on Saturday?

Shows this season as even more a missed opportunity than I thought. Clearly we have invested in the squad.

A staggering amount - I presume it relates to Kightly, Kiernan, Hendrie and Turner and maybe a new contract for Ferdinand. Shrewsbury seem to have got good value for £43k.

I am sure that Rigsby will enlighten us all though.

Oh well, I suppose our finances can't be that bad if we can afford to waste a quarter of a million on grubby agents.

Football should collectively refuse to indulge these people. If players want to be represented by agents, as is their right, they should pay them.

Crazy, like Phil Brown. I don’t see this table reflecting our league position. Ron took a gamble, and banked on the championship for next term (I have this from a contact) it did not pay off.

Thanks RHB for doing the needful.
Shrews paid just £43K. And at the other end of the table Bury just £25K. In the latter case how much to Thommo's agent I wonder, if any? Without a move looks as though he will be plying his trade in Div 2 next season.

A staggering amount - I presume it relates to Kightly, Kiernan, Hendrie and Turner and maybe a new contract for Ferdinand. Shrewsbury seem to have got good value for £43k.

I am sure that Rigsby will enlighten us all though.

We would have to know whether this is just for this seasons contracts etc. Does it include back payments to agents or in fact have we actually paid this amount or do we still owe money to agents.

Shrewsbury did sign plenty on loan so I guess you save an agents fees. Of course LBBlue you didn't want anyone on loan so our fees would obviously be higher

Thanks RHB for doing the needful.
Shrews paid just £43K. And at the other end of the table Bury just £25K. In the latter case how much to Thommo's agent I wonder, if any? Without a move looks as though he will be plying his trade in Div 2 next season.
Bury at 25k is surprising considering they signed around 20 players in close season?

Wonder how much of our fees paid contributes to Kiernan? Hopefully dividends will pay out next season

in the vast vast majority of cases money makes its way to agents. the way some clubs prefer to to do it (often to look better value to the fans in lists like this) is pay the player extra money to pay their agent. they all get paid one way or another.

Pretty shocking that we are 4th highest in the division.

When rigsby next says we have no money to spend we'll now know that's because Brown spaffed it all on agents' fees.

I suspect that the table only shows what we all know, paying for players is no guarantee of success, and some of the highest fees may be attributed to the most shrewdly represented players and not necessarily the best. The two biggest risk areas of any season are the release and acquisition of players. Some you let go were worth more to you than the transfer fee and some you bring in are not the answer you were looking for. It's a lottery but it appears RM has at least put his chips down on the table but the wheel of fortune has not, thus far, spun kindly.

I suspect that the table only shows what we all know, paying for players is no guarantee of success, and some of the highest fees may be attributed to the most shrewdly represented players and not necessarily the best. The two biggest risk areas of any season are the release and acquisition of players. Some you let go were worth more to you than the transfer fee and some you bring in are not the answer you were looking for. It's a lottery but it appears RM has at least put his chips down on the table but the wheel of fortune has not, thus far, spun kindly.

yes the chap from that Scottish team Brown signed, a seasons salary and never kicked a ball, I wonder what that adds up to..think we paid a fee too, so agent fees there.

yes the chap from that Scottish team Brown signed, a seasons salary and never kicked a ball, I wonder what that adds up to..think we paid a fee too, so agent fees there.

I suspect, and it is only my opinion, that the quality over quantity plan under PB, only served to increase the risk when signing players. Ferdinand, Turner, Kiernan, Kightly or even Ranger, all have or had significant pedigree. Some have produced a return and some will probably continue to do so for a spell. Whether, overall, the return is as significant as the expectation or investment, is a matter for debate. The fact remains that they may have all come good and led us to promotion and we can only prove otherwise after the event. A manager, a scout or a chairman, cannot consult a soothsayer and negate all doubt. You take a punt, cross your fingers and hope for the best. The situation is typified by Dru Yearwood. Whilst we were all mulling over the signings and bemoaning their age, fitness, ability etc...a whippersnapper of our own pops up and becomes the star of the season. Conducting transfers on FM is one thing but it is far removed from the stark reality of having to do it in real life!

I'm surprised at Bury at £25k, I thought they invested quite a bit in the summer (Beckford, Thompson, few others). I would have thought Beckford's agent would have demanded a bit more than that.

I'm pretty shocked ours is that high - where is most of it coming from? The Kightly 3 year deal?

Back