• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Had a rare day off yesterday and was cajouled into watching my daughter play netball in a tornamount. Normally, this is the wifes area but as the beloved was having her hair done, I stepped into the breach as it was and found myself running along the line, baying instructions to my unimpressed daughter like, " stay with your man....sorry girl" or " get in front of her" and my ultimate all using phrase "SPACE, SPACE. I was told in no uncertain terms by my 11 year old that this was not football and I was totally embarrassing her infront of her friends and to basically go away and let them get on with it. The fact that they won there first match 12-0 was (I think) partially down to my tactical awareness of the big rotund girl on the other side not being able to run very well. Anyway, the tornamont progressed and I was obeying the strict facial expressions coming from my daughter with regards to any tactics I felt neccessary to styphle underneath my breath and to be fair they was all playing very well. What else I would like to mention is the names thay have for areas of play sound brilliant" wing attack" Or "goal shooter" I wish I could have played wing attack for my footie team because it sounds as if you are and no what you are doing. This leads me to the x factor ingredient, or rather lack of it that I did not use on my bonce as the suns rays were shattering every hair folickle on my allready balding scalp. I have talked before about once you get to 40 the hair on your head decides to thin and starts growing out of your ears and nasal cavity in collosulle amounts, by how much I did not realise. Needless to say the tornamont drew to its conclusion with my daughters team in the final and me looking for any type of shade as the head and facial area where feeling abit soar. It took yes another hour for the final to take place and Im afraid the bonce took further punishment, and the damage was done. I did not no How much until this morning when I tried brushing my hair and was yelping like my dog Monty does when he sees his boyfriend over the park...... Or maybe not that kind of yelp but close to a real girly scream. Sunburn hurts folks, so in the words of police 5s Shaw Taylor " keep um peeled" or not as the case me be!

Tbh with you I can't stand seeing people with sunburn. When my mates get sunburnt backs and chests I tell them what pr!cks they have been. Just put some sun block on! Maybe its just been drummed into me as I was out in Australia for a few months... slightly off the point but sun block doesn't stop you tanning as people that know me know... why do all girls and wannabe pretty boys nowadays think burning is good!

I am very lucky that I do not really get sunburn, have never. Could not get burnt in this country, and but a little amount of sun cream on abroad. I suppose its due to having half my family Greek Cypriot

I have just spent a week in Sharm El Shiekh on the Red Sea and the amount of sunburnt people I saw was astounding and I just don't get it!

I've come back with a tan yes but I was nowhere near burning. The heat in Egypt is so fierce that I couldn't spend more than a few hours at a time sunbathing with plenty on sun block on and yet I noticed people being out by the pool all day and even moving to avoid the shade.

OK so where's the worst place to get burnt (I don't mean Spain!)? For me it was the backs of my knees. Never again!

Tops of your feet bloody hurt aswell, cant put your socks on without being in pain :censored:

Back