• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunday Morning

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
I wonder if Mark Moseley woke up this morning and his first thought was “what the hell have I done!”

Reckon Sunday mornings are going to be like a persistent hangover for all of us this season.

A half bottle of malbec has not endeared my enthusiasm for a 5 hour stint down the allotment, in fact a 5 hour stint staring at the the 1 day International v Auzzies is now more on the cards and might take my mind off Black Saturday,

Thinking about the game this morning, it is clearer than ever that survival in the league is first priority. We just need to be the third worst team in the division. Right now that seems like a mountain to climb ! But I think we will improve, we've only played one game and therefore it is achievable.

Like many of the promising young players we have at the club (who have been thrown in due to circumstance rather than being ready) Molesley is at risk of seriously damaging his promising reputation.
It's a very sad and worrying time for the club.

Thinking about the game this morning, it is clearer than ever that survival in the league is first priority. We just need to be the third worst team in the division. Right now that seems like a mountain to climb ! But I think we will improve, we've only played one game and therefore it is achievable.

I totally agree with you , and the horrible thing is that is the saddest statement I’ve ever read about my team.

If some were in any doubt over just how big a job MM has on his hands before yesterdays performance/result then I think after that game they know now. Problem is, we need to get the off field problems sorted first before those on the pitch can be and I just don't see it happening.

Looking for any kind of positive the day after - I think there is only one.

Had we not made 2 pathetic mistakes, and had the ref not played on when we had a man on the floor, we might have escaped with a 1-0 defeat, and we might now be kidding ourselves that this squad will be OK.

At least it is now clear what needs to be done, whether anything is done about it remains to be seen.

I've posted similar in another thread but I don't see all the clubs making it to the end of the season as it seems less and less likely that fans will be allowed in, we should be well within our means with the current squad so assuming we pay off the hmrc on weds we have a choice of either adding to the squad and beating teams on the pitch or not adding to the squad and beating teams off the pitch via point deductions.

I've posted similar in another thread but I don't see all the clubs making it to the end of the season as it seems less and less likely that fans will be allowed in, we should be well within our means with the current squad so assuming we pay off the hmrc on weds we have a choice of either adding to the squad and beating teams on the pitch or not adding to the squad and beating teams off the pitch via point deductions.

Important point. We may be not very good, but at least we're not paying huge wages to have a crap team. Might make us resilient/ agile depending on circumstances.

I haven’t had a drink yet but will try and put a positive spin on all this.

We are still masters of our own destiny. We know what we need to ensure we don’t drop to the National league. We have time to improve. We know that if we clear the embargo we can bring in much needed recruits. We only need some experience to keep our heads above water. We just need to get ourselves in a position to be competitive. This is transitional season. We just need to build a base for next season.

Early days folks, lots of time for things to improve, the danger of playing these young lads when they are not ready is destroying their confidence and potentially their careers. Weirdly the covid closed grounds/reduced crowds situation will probably help, because they won't have had fans screaming at them for every error, which often happens in these situations.

To put things into perspective the football looks better than this time last year. I know it appears grim but a couple of good signings would turn things around. Don't forget the youngsters played well towards the end of last season with a few older players around them.

To put things into perspective the football looks better than this time last year. I know it appears grim but a couple of good signings would turn things around. Don't forget the youngsters played well towards the end of last season with a few older players around them.

John White will help calm things down, he is a much underated player, and ideal for helping the younger players settle in.

Back