• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunday Morning

If yesterday did anything it hopefully acted as a dose of reality for the people that thought we'd walk this league.

most of our senior players that we need in the trenches can barely walk after 6 months off.

Well I have just had a walk up to the shop and decided to buy the Football League paper.
Wish I hadn’t now I have read the report from yesterday

White, Dieng and Lennon would have bolstered our team. Had all been fit we might have had the luxury of throwing Dieng up top. It was the first game, not helped by injuries or shortened preseason, and everyone having to learn a new way for the current manager. Things will move forward and the side will improve. A few additions will create options and results will come. The side showed heart and that is something we have been short of for some time.

White, Dieng and Lennon would have bolstered our team. Had all been fit we might have had the luxury of throwing Dieng up top. It was the first game, not helped by injuries or shortened preseason, and everyone having to learn a new way for the current manager. Things will move forward and the side will improve. A few additions will create options and results will come. The side showed heart and that is something we have been short of for some time.

Although I agree with you that those three would bolster the squad I never thought I would see the day when I would be pleased to see Dieng, Lennon and White returning. Shows how far we have fallen.

Much as it hurt for all to witness, the biggest winner in all this must surely be MM. He'll have seen for arguably the first time in this seasons league opener just want he needs to do (when allowed to, of course) and act accordingly. If/when the embargo is lifted, hopefully the reins holding him back will be eased and the rebuilding can start. In for a long'ish haul I reckon.....

I'm consoling myself with the 2009/10 League One season when Norwich were beaten 7-1 at home by Essex's smaller football league club. I bet most of their fans were predicting the doomsday scenario after that game and they went up as champions.

Also, most of us were reasonably optimistic after the Gillingham game last week so a bit of balance is needed. White and Dieng were big misses yesterday add them in along with Demi and maybe a couple of new signings and maybe things will turn the corner.

Yesterday was tough to take and a bit of a wake up call, hopefully not only to us but to the Chairman too. Whatever we may think about him, I don't think he's the kind of bloke who likes his name associated with failure, so I think (or at least hope) he will pull his finger out to help MM put things right.

Yes it is only one game, but like last season we might not have a full fixture list to complete before the curtain comes down, therefore we don't want to be in the bottom 2 too long...

Looking for any kind of positive the day after - I think there is only one.

Had we not made 2 pathetic mistakes, and had the ref not played on when we had a man on the floor, we might have escaped with a 1-0 defeat, and we might now be kidding ourselves that this squad will be OK.

At least it is now clear what needs to be done, whether anything is done about it remains to be seen.
Exactly this, I posted pre game I hope we don't flatter to deceive and RM thinks he doesn't need to invest. It is the ONLY positive mind you.

As Floval named this thread. May I suggest a trip to you tube for a visual and musical pick me up aptly named SUNDAY MORNING. REINA DEL CID

he knew before he came here, doesn't take a genius to see whats around him. Long term project for him. This season will be tough, get used to it. Survival off the pitch is more a priority.

Sham 69 had a song, ,Sunday Morning Nightmare'.... we should use it the bring the teams out on match days

I wonder if Mark Moseley woke up this morning and his first thought was “what the hell have I done!”

Reckon Sunday mornings are going to be like a persistent hangover for all of us this season.
I think he is good enough and honest enough to learn from it- and unlike Bond who persisted wilth something that we couldnt execute on until we lost the first 10 games and the die was cast, he will learn far quicker.

I would not be surprised to see us 451 next up, much harder to beat and better organised. We have enough energy across a midfield 5 to get forward.

Back