• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland AFC

Fair play to him,

Just looked on Wiki his net worth £8.4 million (April 2018) so with good fiscal care , given your crowds etc , you should be fine going forward , maybe not Man City levels of wealth , but more like a true football club

With the new owner(s): Michael Dell and his business partners (Michael Dell as a passive investor), we could be one of the richest clubs in the world. Michael Dell's net worth is ~£30bn+, while Man City's Sheikh Mansour's is ~£17bn.

Without Dell, one of his business partners alone is worth ~£11bn, another ~£9bn, and the third just under £1bn (poor bloke).

The 'in the know' folk on the SMB reckon everything will be announced on Friday.

Give us The Champions League Trophy now.

Last edited:
Enjoy it why you can Mackem.....If you do your research as to why the worlds most wealthy want to buy football clubs, you might be jealous of Bury in 10 years time.......They intend to double their income.......That means you will be paying double or home games might not always be in Sunderland.

Enjoy it why you can Mackem.....If you do your research as to why the worlds most wealthy want to buy football clubs, you might be jealous of Bury in 10 years time.......They intend to double their income.......That means you will be paying double or home games might not always be in Sunderland.

If somebody worth £30bn wants to double a substantial amount of money (to them would be atleast a £1bn, surely?) they'd have to get to the Premier League as that's where the money is at.

Someone with the wealth they have will certainly want more profit that what a League One club could potentually offer. They could be looking at a few hundred thousand a year from a League One club, that's pennys to them.

If this is purely a way to make some profit for them (which I also think it is), I'm happy for that to happen.

I doubt any football fan anywhere would/could be jealous of Bury FC. Bit of a strange thing to say.

If somebody worth £30bn wants to double a substantial amount of money (to them would be atleast a £1bn, surely?) they'd have to get to the Premier League as that's where the money is at.

Someone with the wealth they have will certainly want more profit that what a League One club could potentually offer. They could be looking at a few hundred thousand a year from a League One club, that's pennys to them.

If this is purely a way to make some profit for them (which I also think it is), I'm happy for that to happen.

I doubt any football fan anywhere would/could be jealous of Bury FC. Bit of a strange thing to say.

I am not talking about initial investment. I mean they think football in Europe could double its income.......That means Man City doubling their current income. Which means if you want the promised land then you will have to go down that road......Which in your current position will mean several stages pf doubling your income.

To do that they will look the Asian market.......Who, what, where, when and how that will happen is any ones guess but at least you will know the why.

I would never bother with PL team because who wants to watch football Saturday evenings, late Sunday afternoon or worse a Monday night.......What will happen in the full Europa league v Asian tiger league play off semis probably wont be on a Saturday at 15:00hrs.

You may think its strange to mention Bury. I was the first to point out on here the dangers of having a loan a 138%......Here in Essex we we know how many beans make 5 and at least some of us know that people worth billions would walk past the Bob Stokoe statue and not have a clue who he is.......I don't do photos but even I stopped......Because 1973 was my first FAC final watched on colour TV.....A family gathering, of mainly men, around my posh aunties who was the first to own one......Sadly i'm the last one left from that gathering, that's why I stopped and smiled up at Bob.

I wish you good luck with your investor, you deserve it.....But keep an eye on the money men because football means a lot more than just buying success to fans like me and you......None of us should ever forget that.

I am not talking about initial investment. I mean they think football in Europe could double its income.......That means Man City doubling their current income. Which means if you want the promised land then you will have to go down that road......Which in your current position will mean several stages pf doubling your income.

To do that they will look the Asian market.......Who, what, where, when and how that will happen is any ones guess but at least you will know the why.

I would never bother with PL team because who wants to watch football Saturday evenings, late Sunday afternoon or worse a Monday night.......What will happen in the full Europa league v Asian tiger league play off semis probably wont be on a Saturday at 15:00hrs.

You may think its strange to mention Bury. I was the first to point out on here the dangers of having a loan a 138%......Here in Essex we we know how many beans make 5 and at least some of us know that people worth billions would walk past the Bob Stokoe statue and not have a clue who he is.......I don't do photos but even I stopped......Because 1973 was my first FAC final watched on colour TV.....A family gathering, of mainly men, around my posh aunties who was the first to own one......Sadly i'm the last one left from that gathering, that's why I stopped and smiled up at Bob.

I wish you good luck with your investor, you deserve it.....But keep an eye on the money men because football means a lot more than just buying success to fans like me and you......None of us should ever forget that.

I see where you're coming from. I thought your initial post was just having a pop.

Our current owners (Oxford United fans) know football like any other fan. They're staying on as minority shareholders, so hopefully then can advise the new guys well and help them achieve the success we all crave. There's plenty of clubs who seem to have done it right from a similar position to us (Leicester, Southampton, Bournemouth) and hopefully we can follow suit.

I have an awful feeling Wolves' success will be short term with having an agent on their board, I feel it could go tits up any moment. We'll see.

Bye bye Sunderland. Nice knowing you. Look forward to you insisting their should be no relegation from the prem. maybe a euro super league , and having your 4 reserve teams playing in leagues 1 and 2.

So Black Cats have ££££, BUT Fair Play rules are (slowly) tightening and the EFL will, I suspect, be watching very carefully what happens.
Ross knows he is going to get the axe, is he just now thinking about his next move?
Many players know they will get the axe too and big names/money bought it so are they now bothered?Big dressing room disharmony for a while?.....again
For sure it is better to be "loads of money" than a Bury BUT it isn't a straight forward business that ensures success or happiness.
What tough midfielder can we get from you in the Christmas window? when you get a Carlos Fandango or five in.

So Black Cats have ££££, BUT Fair Play rules are (slowly) tightening and the EFL will, I suspect, be watching very carefully what happens.
Ross knows he is going to get the axe, is he just now thinking about his next move?
Many players know they will get the axe too and big names/money bought it so are they now bothered?Big dressing room disharmony for a while?.....again
For sure it is better to be "loads of money" than a Bury BUT it isn't a straight forward business that ensures success or happiness.
What tough midfielder can we get from you in the Christmas window? when you get a Carlos Fandango or five in.

Fans always want width in a team but if I remember correctly. He added to much width.

Back