• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland Fans Celebrate Newcastle's Demise In The Cruellest Way Possible

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
Think Col Ewe fans putting a relegation banner on Southend Pier and you get some way towards thinking how enraged and hurt Newcastle fans were yesterday morning when they awoke to see their beloved Tyne Bridge looking like this ...

PoppinsBridge.jpg

For the uninitiated, 'Mary Poppins' was how a Newcastle director described Alan Shearer (he also called their women dogs) and FTM is something about the Magpies that's not very nice ...

On the other hand though think how funny we'd find it if someone put something like that on Colchester Castle to 'celebrate' them getting relegated?

:D

On the other hand though think how funny we'd find it if someone put something like that on Colchester Castle to 'celebrate' them getting relegated?

:D

.... and when they get relegated and we get promoted next season ;)

Sadly there are a number of people in Southend who would do the same to us.

True, but for an example of the difference in depth of goodwill towards each club that exists within the two towns just look at footage of the respective parades when we were both promoted. They're in much the same boat as we were when I was a kid - a persecuted minority in their own back yard. Thankfully their fans save us the hassle of feeling sorry for them and we get a good laugh out of it. On the other hand, it still takes me aback to see so many kids wearing our colours when I travel back to the area. We've made superb progress on that front, and long may it continue.

Totally agree, I do think we have an increase groundswell of support in the town. As a whole the people in Southend like to see us do well. Yes, they'll always be a few supporters of other clubs who look down their noses at 'little Southend' but they are increasingly becoming more of a minority.

Back