• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland pitch invasion

KrustyTheKray

President
Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to the Sky coverage of the final whistle, and the mass celebrations upto when our game on Sky went off the air.

Sky+'d the game on Sky Sports Main event, and when the final whistle went they finished their broadcast and swiftly went to the Newcastle/Liverpool game.

In hindsight should have set the Sky + to the other channel.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to the Sky coverage of the final whistle, and the mass celebrations upto when our game on Sky went off the air.

Sky+'d the game on Sky Sports Main event, and when the final whistle went they finished their broadcast and swiftly went to the Newcastle/Liverpool game.

Thanks in advance.

I did exactly the same!! Would love to see all the celebrations and interviews.

I haven't done it myself yet but from what I've heard if you record the catch up footage the broadcast goes on for longer

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

No but I do have some poor quality VHS footage of a pitch invasion v Derby County

I dont like the term 'invasion' used for an end of season celebration.

A true invasion should hold a game up, bring discredit to your club and need strong police action to restore order.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

I did exactly the same.

I dont like the term 'invasion' used for an end of season celebration.

A true invasion should hold a game up, bring discredit to your club and need strong police action to restore order.

Involve Oil?

:Winking:

Involve Oil?

:Winking:

No that is called a Regime Change......It is never an invasion.

The next Regime Change will be Iran.......Look out for a false flag operations in the ME anytime soon:Think:

I love it on here. Only on Shrimperzone, could we have a thread started about the Southend pitch invasion against Sunderland, and end up with the Regime change in Iran.

I ran on the pitch I couldnt help so happy and and excited and elvis was bouncing up and and down .I said to him you had a great game and should be so proud of how you played today he stopped bouncing shook my hand and said thank you and we both started bouncing he was even happier than me

I ran on the pitch I couldnt help so happy and and excited and elvis was bouncing up and and down .I said to him you had a great game and should be so proud of how you played today he stopped bouncing shook my hand and said thank you and we both started bouncing he was even happier than me

Good for you :Thumbs up: I wish I had been able to be there myself. I do remember being involved in a previous pitch celebration years ago, but I can't quite remember what game it was! I think it was avoiding relegation though - possibly after the Luton game when Barry Fry was in charge...

My son and I "invaded" the pitch too. Although to be fair, the game had finished about 10 minutes previously, but it took that long to get down the stairs from the South Upper. As we went to go onto the pitch, I asked the steward if we were allowed to and he laughed and said, "Not really, but you might as well, everyone else has!".

I would have loved to have ventured on the hallow turf but the announcer said I couldn't. Several times. So watched all you naughty boys from the stands

Good for you :Thumbs up: I wish I had been able to be there myself. I do remember being involved in a previous pitch celebration years ago, but I can't quite remember what game it was! I think it was avoiding relegation though - possibly after the Luton game when Barry Fry was in charge...

I remember beating Derby 3-2 on the last game of the season and climbing the fencing in the North Bank, getting black tar all over my Southend shirt. Went off on the pitch, I got sprayed with pepper spray and ended up on Crime watch being shown walking across the pitch getting sprayed. Happy days lol

Edit.... We beat Derby 4-3, not 3-2

Last edited:
I remember beating Derby 3-2 on the last game of the season and climbing the fencing in the North Bank, getting black tar all over my Southend shirt. Went off on the pitch, I got sprayed with pepper spray and ended up on Crime watch being shown walking across the pitch getting sprayed. Happy days lol

:Hilarious:that knocks my experience into a cocked hat!

Back