• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland tickets

Really don't understand why football fans can't sit together without there being any trouble.

Really don't understand why football fans can't sit together without there being any trouble.
That isn’t the only issue. If they were allowed to Sunderland fans would buy 1000s of tickets in our end leaving Southend fans who wanted to attend the game unable to.

That isn’t the only issue. If they were allowed to Sunderland fans would buy 1000s of tickets in our end leaving Southend fans who wanted to attend the game unable to.
Any Southend fans that want to go I would have thought they had already bought them. We can either have them get in all over the ground or sort out a couple of additional sections for them.

Agreed, but unfortunately there is always a hooligan element with every club. Add alcohol into that mix and that's a heady brew.

Any Southend fans that want to go I would have thought they had already bought them. We can either have them get in all over the ground or sort out a couple of additional sections for them.
According to the ticket stat thing, we have only sold about 5,400 home tickets for the Sunderland match.
So no, not many home fans got tickets yet and not many Sunderland in our home areas yet either!

(The ticket thing does say 6,700 home tickets sold but that includes Blocks X,Y,Z which are shown as sold out, when clearly they are not even for sale yet).

I collected 3 tickets from the ground this morning. Anyone know if the Sunderland supporters website has a classified section ! :-)

Y
I’m prepared to let mine go for. A decent price

Wasn't sure on which thread to post this on...Sunderland, or post match report....

I didn't go today, family stuff...however, if memory serves me right, we were on the verge of going down (from the Championship), and it was Southampton away..granted it was the last game of the season, Alan Ball memorial I believe,

The bottom line is, as much as we are ****ed off with today, our situation, team selection....on that occasion, we took over 2,000 fans …
a: to party, and
b: to let both Saints fans, and our team, that WE were there, supporting them.

I offered earlier, Mr Angry, my Walsall tickets....offer rescinded, lets go to Walsall on Good Friday and party like it's 199?

Chairman Ron, please chip in here and make us want to go....

It's in the blood....SUFC

Wasn't sure on which thread to post this on...Sunderland, or post match report....

I didn't go today, family stuff...however, if memory serves me right, we were on the verge of going down (from the Championship), and it was Southampton away..granted it was the last game of the season, Alan Ball memorial I believe,

The bottom line is, as much as we are p*ssed off with today, our situation, team selection....on that occasion, we took over 2,000 fans …

I offered earlier, Mr Angry, my Walsall tickets....offer rescinded, lets go to Walsall on Good Friday and party like it's 199?

When the Southampton away tickets went on sale we still had a chance of staying up. It was an all ticket match and we sold 3,200 before relegation was confirmed.
Thing is we actually showed more fight in trying to stay up that season than this season, where we are not even putting up a fight. We were relegation favourites that season certainly not this season (well we are now but not at start of the season).

The bottom line is, as much as we are ****ed off with today, our situation, team selection....on that occasion, we took over 2,000 fans …

Not so sure. These free travel games never end well....
Donny (play-offs) Lost ; Shrewsbury (aiming for play-offs) Lost ; Peterborough (fighting to stay up) Lost.
How about free match tickets for Walsall and Rochdale instead?
Financed by the suspension of players' wages for one week after that non-performance yesterday?

Donny (play-offs) Lost ; Shrewsbury (aiming for play-offs) Lost ; Peterborough (fighting to stay up) Lost.
Financed by the suspension of players' wages for one week after that non-performance yesterday?

Wasn't Morecambe away also to reach the play offs free travel or was it Burton?

The Alan Ball memorial game was one I will never forget - us joining in with them signing his name, in fact, IIRC, we started it. They applauded us at the end of the game and they applauded us all the way out of Southampton along the roads.

Adam Barrett scored the first goal - I remember the baby celebration as his wife had just had their young Harrison - and we had a moment of hope.

Thanks for the corrections UtS and StuartW....always difficult to get it "spot on " after a bucket full of beer...:Smile:

Both Southampton games ended up 4 - 1 with us scoring first....and singing "The Great Escape" for what seemed like ages....Saints fans were really impressed.

No bother, just cracking support...….:LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

That season we all knew we were out of our depth. We put in some good performances in a few matches (Ipswich when we were 3-0 and we came back to 3-3), and don't forget the Man U game was that season. We had Eastwood, Tilson & Gower and it was a great fun season irregardless of how it ended.

This season is the worst for 20+ years. It's been ****ing **** and there won't be a party atmosphere vs Sunderland (for them, probably is will). It'll be a masoleum, especially if they absolutely destroy us.

This season is the worst for 20+ years. It's been ****ing **** and there won't be a party atmosphere vs Sunderland (for them, probably is will). It'll be a masoleum, especially if they absolutely destroy us.

Alvin's relegation to the Fourth Division in 1997/98. Finished bottom with 43 points. Won 11 drew 10 lost 25. - the year of Neville Southall, Jeroen Boere, Nathan Jones, Andy Rammell, Andy Thomson, Adrian Clarke, Regis Coubalt, Roycie, Keith Dublin and a newly signed Kevin Maher. That side would murder this one...……….

Wycombe away just before Christmas a couple of years ago was another free travel and reduced tickets. Think we lost 4-1

Back